Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decrease in Efibre speed - Can you help?

Options
  • 10-03-2016 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi Eir Reps,

I have had efibre since Feb 2014 with no problems at all until last month.  I was put on a 80mb down and 20mb up profile and was very happy with it even though my routers max attainable speeds were telling me my line could handle more.  Eir.ie linechecker says my line can handle 90mb down.

At the beginning of February this year there was an outage for a few hours on my cabinet and since service has resumed I'm now getting slower speeds.  I noticed my router was now showing a max attainable speed of around 55000 kbit/s so I phone Eir technical support who said there was a fault showing on my line and that they would drop my profile to 50mb down & 15mb up so I would have a stable service and that a technician will clear the fault.  When the fault was cleared my line profile would be raised back to 80mb down & 20mb up.

Since this two technicians have been out, first one said fault was cleared but speeds remained the same and the second technician said my line appears fine and doesn't understand why I cant get the speeds I was getting for the previous year.

Could you please look into seeing if the cabinet I'm connected to CBM1_005, is still able to provide speeds of up to 100mb as it appears since the outage in early February it can't. I understand that vectoring technology enables these cabinets to provide speeds of up to 100mb and without it the max speeds are close to the speeds I'm now getting.

If there is nothing wrong with the cabinet, then two engineers have failed to diagnose and fix a fault on my line.  My concern then is, if it is left will it get worse and therefore lose more speed? 

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    doney84

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

doney84 wrote: »
    Hi Eir Reps,

I have had efibre since Feb 2014 with no problems at all until last month.  I was put on a 80mb down and 20mb up profile and was very happy with it even though my routers max attainable speeds were telling me my line could handle more.  Eir.ie linechecker says my line can handle 90mb down.

At the beginning of February this year there was an outage for a few hours on my cabinet and since service has resumed I'm now getting slower speeds.  I noticed my router was now showing a max attainable speed of around 55000 kbit/s so I phone Eir technical support who said there was a fault showing on my line and that they would drop my profile to 50mb down & 15mb up so I would have a stable service and that a technician will clear the fault.  When the fault was cleared my line profile would be raised back to 80mb down & 20mb up.

Since this two technicians have been out, first one said fault was cleared but speeds remained the same and the second technician said my line appears fine and doesn't understand why I cant get the speeds I was getting for the previous year.

Could you please look into seeing if the cabinet I'm connected to CBM1_005, is still able to provide speeds of up to 100mb as it appears since the outage in early February it can't. I understand that vectoring technology enables these cabinets to provide speeds of up to 100mb and without it the max speeds are close to the speeds I'm now getting.

If there is nothing wrong with the cabinet, then two engineers have failed to diagnose and fix a fault on my line.  My concern then is, if it is left will it get worse and therefore lose more speed? 

doney84
    Hi doney84,

Thanks for getting in touch. 
    Can you PM me your account number and I will relay this to the technical support team.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭doney84

doney84 wrote: »
    Hi Eir Reps,

doney84
    Hi doney84,

Thanks for getting in touch. 
    Can you PM me your account number and I will relay this to the technical support team.

Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

PM sent.

Thanks,
    doney84

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Thanks doney84, 

I'll come back to your shortly.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement