Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 2 + 3), March 11-14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Stupid fúcking "midweek" games. Seriously like, why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Patww79 wrote: »

Fantastic. Huge car park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Monday night actually suits me as my job now requires me to work late Fridays, so going miss fair few games his season sadly.

Hopefully good win in Derry after last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

gimmick wrote: »

I think this is the third season since we got promoted again that we have a midweek game just a few days after a trip to Derry. Then we have a trip to f*cking Dundalk just a few days after that. An absolute joke to have one team travelling 1,700km and play three games in a week. No other clubs except Derry and Harps have to make these kinds of trips. Things should be fixed where these long trips don't occur either side of a midweek match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Nothing like a trip to Wexford on a Monday night. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If the FAI didn't insist on the stupid mid season break, they could easily spread the games out more. It's stupid on their behalf.

I'm pretty sure that we play Cork in Dalymount on a Tuesday later in the season. Stupid stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Looking forward the the trip to Oriel tomorrow. Great to be back in the Premier!

Not expecting to take anything from the game but will enjoy the experience none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Looking forward the the trip to Oriel tomorrow. Great to be back in the Premier!

Not expecting to take anything from the game but will enjoy the experience none the less.

Was listening to Ollie Horgan on the Extratime.ie podcast the other day. Last season he was very negative in regards their promotion chances and now, despite a good win over Derry, he was a bit negative in regards their chances in the Premier Division.

Hardly inspiring. What do fans think of him? It reminds me of when Heary under us said, "we're not expected to beat teams like Dundalk" which riled up a few fans for sure.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was listening to Ollie Horgan on the Extratime.ie podcast the other day. Last season he was very negative in regards their promotion chances and now, despite a good win over Derry, he was a bit negative in regards their chances in the Premier Division.

Hardly inspiring. What do fans think of him? It reminds me of when Heary under us said, "we're not expected to beat teams like Dundalk" which riled up a few fans for sure.

He plays down our chances all the time which seems to work and if it's working it doesn't need fixed. He's all about hard work and commitment and having players that will do what's asked of them.

I'd say he was raging after getting praise from the guys on Soccer Republic on Monday night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    I think this is the third season since we got promoted again that we have a midweek game just a few days after a trip to Derry. Then we have a trip to f*cking Dundalk just a few days after that. An absolute joke to have one team travelling 1,700km and play three games in a week. No other clubs except Derry and Harps have to make these kinds of trips. Things should be fixed where these long trips don't occur either side of a midweek match.

Its crazy, it really is. The team is going up to Derry today so should be refreshed for the game tomorrow, but by the time they are back in Cork after the game it could be 7 o'clock on Saturday morning, then a game against Longford on Monday. I know its a flogged horse but the teams in and around Dublin dont know how lucky they have it, its impossible to maintain any sort of away following for the regional teams.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Not in the slightest bit optimistic about going to the Brandywell tomorrow. Have a feeling Cork will absolutely dick us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

gimmick wrote: »

I'm guessing to accommodate the midseason break and FAI cup weekends etc within the 34ish weekends between March-October.

dfx- wrote: »
    I'm guessing to accommodate the midseason break and FAI cup weekends etc within the 34ish weekends between March-October.

Any reason the season can't just be a week longer though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

irish_goat wrote: »
    Any reason the season can't just be a week longer though?

We have 3 midweek games this season (So far)

Wexford Away Monday
    Bray at home on a Tuesday
    Finn harps at home on a Monday

Madness they are making us go to Wexford and Harps come to us midweek!

The clubs as a whole favour the shorter season, as it means lower wages. For most teams, the money saved from paying less wages would be more than what's lost from the lower crowd.

The mid-season break helps to fulfil legal requirements with regards to annual leave. We probably could have all annual leave after the season - eg, leagues with 52 week contracts tend to give the four weeks' of statutory leave in the off-season - but it'd have the same effect. And it'd just mean that we'd be finishing the league another week earlier, making the off-season even longer.

Have Derry installed the Trackchamp cameras in the Brandywell or will they not be bothering for the moment with the upcoming renovations? Bwin haven't listed this match (or any other LoI one) for live streaming yet.

Have Derry installed the Trackchamp cameras in the Brandywell or will they not be bothering for the moment with the upcoming renovations? Bwin haven't listed this match (or any other LoI one) for live streaming yet.

Apparently they have been. Will see if I confirm tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Rovers and Dundalk in 3 days. Keep it respectable at least please :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Away to Athlone tomorrow, anything short of a win and I'll be very concerned for us going forward! Handy enough this season with so few outside of Dublin away trips, half day tomorrow booked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Derry v Cork is listed for video now, along with our game v Bohs, Galway v Bray & Shams against Wexford.

The other two games in Dundalk and Longford are listed for live in-play betting, but they haven't got the video sign beside them yet.

Pic

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    Derry v Cork is listed for video now, along with our game v Bohs, Galway v Bray & Shams against Wexford.

The other two games in Dundalk and Longford are listed for live in-play betting, but they haven't got the video sign beside them yet.

Pic

Thanks Oat, I saw that alright after. I noticed in another thread that you were watching on full screen. Do you have a browser extension that allows you to do that or did you just zoom in manually? I tried using Flash Resizer for Firefox, but Bwin has the whole selection menu for the live betting as a flash item, so I can only resize that. Not the video within it.

Thanks Oat, I saw that alright after. I noticed in another thread that you were watching on full screen. Do you have a browser extension that allows you to do that or did you just zoom in manually? I tried using Flash Resizer for Firefox, but Bwin has the whole selection menu for the live betting as a flash item, so I can only resize that. Not the video within it.

I'll PM you now.

edit: Anyone else who wants to know, send me a PM. Lets keep the thread clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

PM here too please!

I'll PM you now.

Would you mind PM'ing me as well with the info?. I won't need it for a few weeks as I'll be at Oriel tomorrow and Sligo next Saturday but will be useful in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is there a way of getting the stream without signing up? Or do you have to have money in the account to view a game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Mushy wrote: »
    Is there a way of getting the stream without signing up? Or do you have to have money in the account to view a game?

I tried it last week and unfortunately you need money in your account. Didnt want to put money in because it seemed the stream was just a small window on the page which didnt feel worth the 10 pound minimum id have to put in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Great to see Forrester being called into the Irish squad for the friendlies, hopefully he won't just be in the preliminary one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Corholio wrote: »
    Great to see Forrester being called into the Irish squad for the friendlies, hopefully he won't just be in the preliminary one.

Delighted for him. I'd say he is just in the prelim, but he has a chance at least to impress O'Neill. He may even surprise him.

• Advertisement

I tried it last week and unfortunately you need money in your account. Didnt want to put money in because it seemed the stream was just a small window on the page which didnt feel worth the 10 pound minimum id have to put in.

You could add £10, then turn it over by betting it on some lock, like betting on a game where Bayern/Barca/Madrid are 4:0 up with 10 minutes left or something.

Then you can withdraw it whenever you want. That's what I plan to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

I'll PM you now.

edit: Anyone else who wants to know, send me a PM. Lets keep the thread clean.

I sent you pm earlier about bwin, thanks.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Wondergoal from Kurtis Byrne for Bohs, rubbish game other than that

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Slow here in Tallaght.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Athlone :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Athlone :rolleyes:

What happened?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Patww79 wrote: »

You'd think they would have realised the floodlights had gone missing sooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Galway United 3-0 up on Bray

EDIT: And 4-0. Got the 4th almost immediately after the 3rd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don't think we are really in a position to complain about floodlights. Annoying to waste the trip all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Thought we could have snatched a draw against Rovers there, far better performance this week. Not clinical enough, very frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

CSF wrote: »
    I don't think we are really in a position to complain about floodlights. Annoying to waste the trip all the same.

Yep. Glasshouses and all that.

Did Athlone get a PD licence yet take money off people without issuing tickets/receipts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Thought we could have snatched a draw against Rovers there, far better performance this week. Not clinical enough, very frustrating.

Ye had the better chances for sure. 2-0 flattered Rovers to be honest. Very sluggish, slow one paced build up. Another long frustrating season in store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Great night in Terryland, Bray were shocking bad, unfit, disjointed, no effort, all the hallmarks of a classic LOI mercenary team. We could have had six, maybe seven against them. Great start for us, top and a Connacht derby next up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Great night in Terryland, Bray were shocking bad, unfit, disjointed, no effort, all the hallmarks of a classic LOI mercenary team. We could have had six, maybe seven against them. Great start for us, top and a Connacht derby next up.

Very very poor against Dundalk last week. As bad as Limerick were at the start of last season. So much for them being a surprise package.

Handy enough win for Dundalk tonight. Harps tried to play a bit of football and looked fit but just beaten by a better side. They could easily stay up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

doncarlos wrote: »
    Very very poor against Dundalk last week. As bad as Limerick were at the start of last season. So much for them being a surprise package.

Handy enough win for Dundalk tonight. Harps tried to play a bit of football and looked fit but just beaten by a better side. They could easily stay up
    Only surprise was just how bad they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Great result for us tonight v Cork. Thought it was a nailed on away win.

But we played well, showed plenty of heart and think we deserved the points.

Thought Cork were disappointing. If they are to be the big challenge to Dundalk, the leagues over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Two things to take from tonight's match. Unless things massively improve, Rovers are winning nothing this year.

Wexford won't get relegated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Oddly slow but intense and physical game tonight. A lot of aerial contests. Rovers are carrying Drennan since last June, Shaw should be starting in front of him. Struggled with a four man midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

doncarlos wrote: »

My hope is that last year it took 6 games for a goal, let alone a point. Still worrying signs though. Cookes fondness on Drogheda players who got relegated is never good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement