Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 2 + 3), March 11-14

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

CHealy wrote: »
    I would also settle for a point, and no, seems the Ireland u20's get priority over the two biggest clubs in the country playing each other.

Its very frustrating that the U-20s match is on RTE instead of Dundalk and Cork or Shams vs St Pats. Two of the bigger matches in the season ignored instead of a underage rugby match which will be crap and has nothing at stake as the U-20s are poor this year.

Good weekend of matches ahead this weekend. I think Dundalk will win and we will get a draw in Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

A lot will depends against Dundalk whether JC finally cops on that away matches are different from home games, and not every team plays the same tactics. He needs to adapt his selections to home/away and to opponents formations, not just throw the same team in there all the time. It was good to see him make so many changes last week after the shocker in Derry, hopefully he adapts his teams to the opposition more, especially away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Corholio wrote: »
    A lot will depends against Dundalk whether JC finally cops on that away matches are different from home games....

Is the problem not the opposite? Cork don't approach away games with the same confidence and attacking intent like they do at home.

Dundalk play the same game whether it is home or away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Is the problem not the opposite? Cork don't approach away games with the same confidence and attacking intent like they do at home.

Dundalk play the same game whether it is home or away.

Thats exactly what the problem is. I expect a Dundalk win tonight but I hope City at least try to play a bit of ball, theres absolutely no point in lobbing it long to Sean McGuire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

CHealy wrote: »
    theres absolutely no point in lobbing it long to Sean McGuire.

I expect Caulfield will try to play balls into areas between the centre halves and the full back and try to use Maguires pace in one on one situations with either Gartland or Boyle.

Doing this will depend on getting good possession high up the pitch. If Cork don't get possession high up, they'll end up playing it long which won't suit Maguire.

This game will ultimately be decided on who wins the midfield battle. I think that Cork are much better in that area this year. Bolger, red mist apart, is an excellent player and Morrissey provides intensity and good ball winning potential.

Without Towell, Dundalk are not as dynamic in this area and are now very dependent on O'Donnell.

I have not been impressed with Cork's full backs this season. Caulfield has this idea that a centre half can slot into this position easily. Not so, particularly if Horgan, Massey, Mountney, or Gannon is running at you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Trying to work up the effort for Bohs and Wexford Youths later... not sure I can put myself through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cms88

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Trying to work up the effort for Bohs and Wexford Youths later... not sure I can put myself through it.

Missed out if you didn't go by the looks of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

cms88 wrote: »
    Missed out if you didn't go by the looks of it

Nah I was there.

Much better than Monday anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cms88

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Nah I was there.

Much better than Monday anyway!

Well that wouldn't have been the hardest thing in the world to do

Advertisement