Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympia on my own

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Went a concert on my own last night

Overheard a couple behind me saying 'how sad and pathetic I was going on my own' and giving out for taking photos on my phone

I payed my money to go I can do what I want and maybe I like being on my own

Whatever about the photos, to call someone sad and pathetic for going alone is what's pathetic.
    Surely it's better to go alone than to miss out on a potential brilliant time?

I've been to more gigs alone these past years than with someone and have always had a fantastic time.
    If you're not comfortable in your own company that's rather sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MusSpo13

Went a concert on my own last night

Overheard a couple behind me saying 'how sad and pathetic I was going on my own' and giving out for taking photos on my phone

I payed my money to go I can do what I want and maybe I like being on my own
    The only 'sad and pathetic' thing is that couples reaction. So what if you were at the gig on your own, people go to the cinema, pub, shopping on their own all the time and no one bats and eyelid. Hope you enjoyed the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

They have a very strict policy with all loners. you will be tarred, feathered and immediately ejected from the building :v.

seriously who cares. I go to gigs on my own all the time. even when I go with mates I lose them deliberately and head up the front

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I've been to loads of gigs alone, just not seated ones. **** it, why the hell not

take it from an old timer, just go and dont miss out.

Missed some great artists being all coy when young, then copped myself on and had a great time seeing MY kind of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

A couple pay money to go to a gig, to criticise others for going to a gig. I hope they don't procreate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement