Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home alarm

• 10-03-2016 9:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭

does anyone on here know anything about this?
    what I am looking for is something with 4 movement sensors, i am not really bothered about window sensors.
    I would like something to work off mains electricity, also that when the alarm would trigger it contact mob phone by text.

If I sound as if I not know what I am talking about it is because I don't.

Any advise appreciated.
    many thanks

wollie Andalucia.com Amigo Posts: 154Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:53 pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This is the Television forum. Let me move this somewhere more appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭kub

does anyone on here know anything about this?
    what I am looking for is something with 4 movement sensors, i am not really bothered about window sensors.
    I would like something to work off mains electricity, also that when the alarm would trigger it contact mob phone by text.

If I sound as if I not know what I am talking about it is because I don't.

Any advise appreciated.
    many thanks

wollie Andalucia.com Amigo Posts: 154Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:53 pm

You are looking for an alarm system, not a security system. A system just consisting of beams will detect an intruder after they have gained access to your home.
    You are also restricting your own freedom to move around your home while the system is armed.
    I am not sure why you are so hesitant about getting your windows done, but it is a much more professional solution as intruders will be detected before they actually get in and you can move around the inside of your home when the system is set.

Advertisement