Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harbourmaster IFSC - RIP?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

athtrasna wrote: »
    So is the Harbourmaster closed again? Now that the rugby is over?

It's not - England won without needing all games. Theres the last ones next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

L1011 wrote: »
    It's not - England won without needing all games. Theres the last ones next week

I'm well aware of that thanks but the article specifically referred to the Ireland v Italy game this weekend. Hence my query...as well as hoping to get back to what the thread is actually about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

So if I have read the article correctly the pub were paying their rent but the building owner moved in anyway? On what grounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Collie D wrote: »
    So if I have read the article correctly the pub were paying their rent but the building owner moved in anyway? On what grounds?
    I get the impression because that wasn't the rent in the lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,970 ✭✭✭✭listermint

newacc2015 wrote: »
    NAMA was set up to maximise the return for the tax payer. Although I would prefer if their portfolios were brought by Irish citizens. If a vulture fund from the US or Germany is willing to pay the most. It is right thing for the tax payer

You see people raising the issue with the Irish buying up chunks of London.

Nama was set up to what....

Nama was setup as a cloak and dagger operation numerous deals have issues with them some as you know are being investigated external to our own country.

Look at this deal is this as you put it..maximising taxpayers money
    https://www.businesspost.ie/bono-and-edge-buy-clarence-hotel-in-off-market-nama-deal/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

NAMA will in all likelihood make a profit on what it has paid. It might not be the same as for what the country has spent on rescuing the banks, but NAMA is doing the job it was set up for.

Nama was established principally as a vehicle to chunnel funding from the ECB when it had restrictive requirements. As the crisis grew, these restrictions were lifted. The creation of Nama or a stronger oversight body for the covered institutions was required. I still believe quite strongly that it was established only through the knowledge and connections of NTMA/DoF staff, ie those who were already within the coterie of individuals who were central to the financing/lending problems in the first instance. It could have benefited from injection of fresh blood/thinking. It hasn't done a bad job but I think it operated with blinkers. Thankfully, it was not operated as badly as the run off of Ulster/BoSI/Lloyds assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

athtrasna wrote: »
    I'm well aware of that thanks but the article specifically referred to the Ireland v Italy game this weekend. Hence my query...as well as hoping to get back to what the thread is actually about.

You didn't make that very clear

Its still open as of today, anyway.

Advertisement