Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini DisplayPort to VGA Splitter not detected

Options
  • 10-03-2016 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I just purchased a Belkin Mini Displayport to 2 x VGA splitter for use with my laptop and 2 VGA displays. I'm running Windows 10 and my laptop doesn't pick up any of the monitors. Does anyone know how to get this thing working? There's not much info online about how to get it up and running.
    8si6tgvz5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

briggy wrote: »
    I just purchased a Belkin Mini Displayport to 2 x VGA splitter for use with my laptop and 2 VGA displays. I'm running Windows 10 and my laptop doesn't pick up any of the monitors. Does anyone know how to get this thing working? There's not much info online about how to get it up and running.
    8si6tgvz5

Am I correct I assuming that nothing is being output to either monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭briggy

mordeith wrote:
    Am I correct I assuming that nothing is being output to either monitor?

Yes, wheb I go in the control panel to detect the monitors only the laptop screen is detected. Usually my Mini Display port to single VGA works straight away but this splitter doesn't seem to work like that.

Yes, wheb I go in the control panel to detect the monitors only the laptop screen is detected. Usually my Mini Display port to single VGA works straight away but this splitter doesn't seem to work like that.

What happens when you force output using the function key

mordeith wrote: »
    What happens when you force output using the function key

Absolutely nothing, the screen goes black for a second then comes back on the laptop.

Absolutely nothing, the screen goes black for a second then comes back on the laptop.

Have you previously used an external display (in that can you confirm the display port is working?)

• Advertisement

Have you previously used an external display (in that can you confirm the display port is working?)

Yes, I have a mini display to single VGA that works perfectly.

Yes, I have a mini display to single VGA that works perfectly.

I guess bar for trying the Belkin on another laptop, it might be a case of returning it for a replacement/refund (especially seeing as there are no drivers for it)

What size are your monitors? Apparently it won't work for anything larger than 27". Also does you graphics card support multiple monitors (can't imagine it can't if it's any way recent)

I guess bar for trying the Belkin on another laptop, it might be a case of returning it for a replacement/refund (especially seeing as there are no drivers for it)

What size are your monitors? Apparently it won't work for anything larger than 27". Also does you graphics card support multiple monitors (can't imagine it can't if it's any way recent)

The monitors are around 22" I believe and the graphics are Intel 4400 which should support up to 3 monitors.

Advertisement