Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strip, rewire, replumb and reinsulate a house.

Options
  • 10-03-2016 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

Looking at buying a house similar to this off a friends family. There was damage to the roof a while back and water got in (roof has been fully repaired, re-slated and any dodgy timber replaced in 2014). http://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/phibsborough/34-glengarriff-parade-phibsborough-dublin-1178419/

Forget the extension out the back, the house I'm buying doesn't have one. The size and shape is similar to what I'm looking at. I'm looking at fully stripping all ceilings, wiring and plumbing.

I want to re-insulate the roof and attic as well as possible, and then re-wire and re-plumb the whole place. One existing kitchen, main bathroom, new en-suite going in.

I also want every existing wire and socket out and new wiring with a few extra sockets put in. The wiring is part original, with a lot of refurbs and renovations over the years, so the whole lot can come out.

Just looking for a rough, ballpark figure before I start to waste their time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement