Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Third Day without eFibre/eVision and No Help

Options
  • 10-03-2016 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

this is my 3rd day without th sir service and I logged a Fault this time yesterday. I received an email to say my Fault was received and have nothing back since.

There is no DSL and Internet lights turning on, on my Modem. Getting an eircom fault page when I try to get online. I have been ringing 1890 260 260 but don't have a phone number to enter and don't know where to find my standalone Broadband number to even get to talk to a representative.

Unbelievably frustrating, and the latest in a long line of annoyances since I changed over from Sky.

Can someone on here help me. I do a lot of work from home and the lack of broadband is a big setback. My data usage on my phone is now outside my allowance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi there,

this is my 3rd day without th sir service and I logged a Fault this time yesterday. I received an email to say my Fault was received and have nothing back since.

There is no DSL and Internet lights turning on, on my Modem. Getting an eircom fault page when I try to get online. I have been ringing 1890 260 260 but don't have a phone number to enter and don't know where to find my standalone Broadband number to even get to talk to a representative.

Unbelievably frustrating, and the latest in a long line of annoyances since I changed over from Sky.

Can someone on here help me. I do a lot of work from home and the lack of broadband is a big setback. My data usage on my phone is now outside my allowance.
    Hi Chip Whitley,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid the standard lead time for a fault is up to 3 working days since the fault was logged.
    Unfortunately a fault on your line would be out of our control however I do understand how frustrating this must be and we are very sorry for any inconvenience caused.
    I'm very sorry I could not offer you better news.

Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hi there,

Logging faults online is a bad idea. They count from when they're processed 0-3 days later not from within 10 minutes of a phone call. Call, you can skip the number entry with either star or # IIRC.

Advertisement