Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Satriani - Vicar Street, June 20th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭rednik

Yes I will be there, Joe is a class act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Been a while since I seen Joe in the flesh so will have to mosey along to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Would much prefer of it was a G3 gig along with the Aristocrats. Might go if they support though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Mushy wrote: »
    Would much prefer of it was a G3 gig along with the Aristocrats. Might go if they support though.
    Well, we've got 2/3 of the Aristocrats, plus monster muso Mike Keneally to boot, so I think I'm up for this. :pac:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I'll be there......seen him in Munich in October and he was great as usual!! Happy days!!!:D

• Advertisement

Shame it's all seated:rolleyes:

Grid. wrote: »
    Shame it's all seated:rolleyes:

Ah ffs!

Passenger wrote: »
    Ah ffs!

Yeah......had to get a balcony ticket......hate those tables and chairs:rolleyes:

Looking forward to this later.....anyone know if he has support?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Well that was fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Great gig and excellent setlist too, his latest album is brilliant so it was good to hear 6/7 songs off it, as well as the hits, would have like to have heard A Door Into Summer, A Train of Angels or Revelations but can't complain overall about it.

Sound was absolutely perfect too, nice and loud but balanced as well.

One minor thing that irritated me was the keyboard and drum solos, they were tedious to listen to, would have rathered 1/2 more songs instead.

Satch is an all-time legend so I'm really glad to get him off my seen list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭rednik

Super performance from Joe & the band.

27208249214_c2f3a01623_k.jpg

27208247844_9d24825f41_k.jpg

27542242510_d5490d5f04_k.jpg

27208906913_afc5de4a52_k.jpg

27785951296_7881ae2749_k.jpg

27820427225_b8b146575b_k.jpg

27785951376_0330ccc132_k.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Thanks posting some photos. I was right at the back by the sound desk so great to get a closer look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

This was a great gig. It was also my first time seeing him, and was sitting in the front row. Its good to be able to say I've finally seen and heard him play. His band were also very good!

After the €100 needed for Black Sabbath I didn't head to Joe. Seen him a bunch of times over the past 15 years anyway but how did the seating work out for the gig, lads?

Brilliant gig as usual, was delighted with the setlist too........audience gave him a great send off at the end!
    how did the seating work out for the gig, lads?

Ended up getting a balcony ticket in the end......and just stood along the aisle facing the stage. Would go there again if it were all seated.;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I was up on the balcony too, it was fine.

Joe's set-lists usually feature a good chunk of the album he's just released, luckily enough Shockwave Supernova is brilliant so it was good to hear a fair bit from it.

The setlist was pretty good but there are about 30-40 other songs he could have played that I would have loved to hear, the curse of having such a strong back catalogue I suppose.

Advertisement