Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name my company

Options
  • 10-03-2016 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi,

So I'm in the process of setting up a ltd company but can't think of any cool, out of the box names. Have put several hours into it, but in vain. I know Apple isn't a very cool, nor is facebook but Google is!

Can anyone please help me here? Any suggestions are welcome. Oh yes, it is a technology (software, data, but not IT) company and I would prefer to put 'Consultant' at the end.

Thanks a mil.

Edit:
    Operating from: Stepaside
    Services: Software development, software architect, database management, data analytics, big data - to name a few

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Going on the very limited info the first thing that came to mind was AshTech Consultants . Very generic I know but you'd need to give more details about where you are and what your offering.

Reading it back it's probably an awful name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

technology software data but not IT consultancy ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ash1511

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Going on the very limited info the first thing that came to mind was AshTech Consultants . Very generic I know but you'd need to give more details about where you are and what your offering.

Thanks. Updated.

smash wrote: »
    technology software data but not IT consultancy ltd

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

Datum (Consultants)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Thepoet85 wrote: »

I like AshTech.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

I like AshTech.

come burn your money away with Ashtech!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

AshSoft Consultant

StepSoft Consultant

SoftTech

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Terrance.

Terrance.

Thanks but I do not understand the idea behind this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Step Up Consultancy....
    or
    Step Aside Consultancy...

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭hotshots85

NextStep Consultants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Tech Consultancy Consultants Ltd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

CompuGlobalHyperMegaStep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Folks, I've just spent ten solid minutes checking names in Google to see whether there were existing consultancies with the names I was going to propose. You do that too, mm kay? I'll be back later if I get any hits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

O think getting anything cool or interesting and having to out consultants after it is damn near impossible. Why do you want consultants after it?

What about something like Consult-Ash or something including your name?

RossieMan wrote: »
    O think getting anything cool or interesting and having to out consultants after it is damn near impossible. Why do you want consultants after it?

What about something like Consult-Ash or something including your name?

Thanks. I would prefer not to put my name into it. It should be catchy enough by its own name, if you know what I mean :). I thought consultants looked cool. I could add analysts or maybe nothing, just plain simple name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Have you considered going down the route of a name unrelatd to what your company does?

Cherry Consultants Ltd
    Blue Gate Consultants Ltd
    Saturn Consultants Ltd
    Copper Key Consultants Ltd

Etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

AintNoConsulTing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Well if I had a wooden nickel for every IT consultant (pardon me, data professional) I've ever known named Ash or some name shortened to Ash, I'd be able to open a paper mill.

Ash, what I think you need to refer to in your name is some value that you and your clients share. You might want to tell us a little about your own philosophy toward the work you do. Are you especially protective of data integrity? I thought of the name "Datagrity", but naturally it's far from unique. Do you think of yourself as particularly service or customer focused? Consider using "Solutions" instead of "Consulting". Do you (don't laugh) particularly like a certain tiny bit of the whole techie experience? I had a friend in the US call his animation software consultancy "Pixelated 3D Solutions"... but it occurs to me he was trying to pun off "pixillated", which was not, um, a wise idea. :) Brainstorm how you think of yourself and how you want your clients to think of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

CTL, Centurion Technologies LTD

If you want something kinda, different, Pingo, Mingo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Something that trips easily off the tongue...
    Sultan Pro Consultants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Well you deal with big data so how about

Enormous Tools

Or Enotech

actually that reminds me of another company Innotech

Have you considered going down the route of a name unrelatd to what your company does?

Cherry Consultants Ltd
    Blue Gate Consultants Ltd
    Saturn Consultants Ltd
    Copper Key Consultants Ltd

Etc!

I like the idea!

How about

FatData Software

you can drop the software end later on like The Facebook and it will now be cool........emmm

Speedwell wrote: »
    Well if I had a wooden nickel for every IT consultant (pardon me, data professional) I've ever known named Ash or some name shortened to Ash, I'd be able to open a paper mill.

Ash, what I think you need to refer to in your name is some value that you and your clients share. You might want to tell us a little about your own philosophy toward the work you do. Are you especially protective of data integrity? I thought of the name "Datagrity", but naturally it's far from unique. Do you think of yourself as particularly service or customer focused? Consider using "Solutions" instead of "Consulting". Do you (don't laugh) particularly like a certain tiny bit of the whole techie experience? I had a friend in the US call his animation software consultancy "Pixelated 3D Solutions"... but it occurs to me he was trying to pun off "pixillated", which was not, um, a wise idea. :) Brainstorm how you think of yourself and how you want your clients to think of you.

Datagrity Solutions is nice. Pixelated is cool as well. I've done so much thinking on this already that my mind has jammed now. Obviously I would like my clients to think of me as the only go-to-person, like a 1-man-army, I donno. Something like that.

ash1511 wrote: »
    Datagrity Solutions is nice. Pixelated is cool as well. I've done so much thinking on this already that my mind has jammed now. Obviously I would like my clients to think of me as the only go-to-person, like a 1-man-army, I donno. Something like that.

Ok, ok, ok.....FatData Solutions:P

DynoSoft

• Advertisement

Well you deal with big data so how about

Enormous Tools

Or Enotech

actually that reminds me of another company Innotech

Thanks. I like both of them - Enotech and Innotech. Enotech is not being accepted and Innotech already exists. :confused:

Advertisement