Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name my company

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ash1511

DynoSoft

Is the Dyno for Dynamic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

I'd pick a singular name as opposed to trying to explain what you do, so long as you ensure your organic / paid placing on searches is good you will still get picked up.

eg i search online for big data analytics and get back your name high on the list. This allows you to pick a cool singular name as mentioned by others

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hot Stepa(side) consulting
    Techster
    Data & Painter
    Feck the Tech
    Bronto
    Software Architect, Database & Development, Analytics Management (Saddam)
    The Really Awesome Data Company
    WeSoDev
    Clickstream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

BigDataRUs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Data then dumper playa consulting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

gotta be cutting edge like cutco or edgecom.... or interslice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

Meddling Consultancy Ltd.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Valdazzo Brothers Olive Oil

ash1511 wrote: »
    Is the Dyno for Dynamic?

Yep also like DynoRod, DynoSoft

Thanks. I like both of them - Enotech and Innotech. Enotech is not being accepted and Innotech already exists. :confused:

Damn my pun on the Office Space movie was missed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ash1511

Thanks guys for the responses. I liked some of the names and ran them through the CRO but none of the ones I liked are available. If they are available, I will have to put another word before or after it - I like the idea of just using one name. Any more suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

maybe give us an idea of your competitors names, including the big hitters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Datagrity Solutions is nice. Pixelated is cool as well. I've done so much thinking on this already that my mind has jammed now. Obviously I would like my clients to think of me as the only go-to-person, like a 1-man-army, I donno. Something like that.

Polymathic Data Solutions (a polymath is a person who is adept at or an expert in a great array of things); there are Google hits on "Polymath Solutions" and "Polymath Data Limited", but not that exact combination)

Datalogos Solutions (to my surprise I got ZERO hits on this combination on Google); "Logos" is a GREAT word for a consultancy because it invokes the rational understanding of communication and the idea "I care about the usability of your data": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos

Solodata Solutions (there is one hit for "Solo Data Solutions" in the US; no results at all for "Solodata Consultants" so that could also work... in fact it really just sounds good); this could be read in many ways (sole focus on the data, "one best solution" for the data, the "only solution" the client needs, etc. as well as the fact that you "fly solo").

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

Don't use AshTech. It sounds like a waste disposal and incineration technology company. If you are going for a consultancy type name, you need something that implies high quality and expertise without actually stating it. Don't go for a descriptive name unless you can market it well and lock up the variations in domain names. The key thing is to make it simple for your customers to remember your business name. Don't go complex and descriptive (keep it less than three words if you go that route).

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Skynet ftw

latest?cb=20120227035358

EDIT: may already be taken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

ór

barr

fearr

A few Irish words if you google translate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

hotshots85 wrote: »
    NextStep Consultants

Sidestep consultants
    2step consultants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Hintel Consultants - would sound great on the phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

SO have you chosen a name ?

Advertisement