Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

162 euro bill for a 42 euro service : how did they come up with this bill ?

Options
  • 10-03-2016 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

After signing up to Eir Jan 19th I finally had my TV installed on Feb 12th
    I signed up to the Eir Experience package ( 42 eur for the first year ). I added another box for 5eur this is meant to be free for the first 6 months

The TV installer absolutely butchered the job running a cable between the 2 boxes across 2 chimney breasts in a very shoddy manner, leaving dust everywhere from his drilling the walls and ran a big black cable down the front of the house in a really haphazard and ugly fashion. The whole install looks shocking.

I rang to complain and they told me I was due some power units and there was no need for the data cable between the 2 eir vision boxes at all.
    To be fair they had them with me fairly quickly and they work well. 

Initially I had none of the experience package channels, so had to make numerous calls in an attempt to get it activated - this was finally done about 2 weeks ago.

I got my first bill after 3 weeks for 59 eur ( 9 more than the plan I was on despite not having received the TV and broadband yet ) and this month I get a bill for 162 eur of which includes no more than 4eur of out of bundle calls 

Where is the 42eur bundle I signed up for ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

RobAMerc wrote: »
    After signing up to Eir Jan 19th I finally had my TV installed on Feb 12th
    I signed up to the Eir Experience package ( 42 eur for the first year ). I added another box for 5eur this is meant to be free for the first 6 months

The TV installer absolutely butchered the job running a cable between the 2 boxes across 2 chimney breasts in a very shoddy manner, leaving dust everywhere from his drilling the walls and ran a big black cable down the front of the house in a really haphazard and ugly fashion. The whole install looks shocking.

I rang to complain and they told me I was due some power units and there was no need for the data cable between the 2 eir vision boxes at all.
    To be fair they had them with me fairly quickly and they work well. 

Initially I had none of the experience package channels, so had to make numerous calls in an attempt to get it activated - this was finally done about 2 weeks ago.

I got my first bill after 3 weeks for 59 eur ( 9 more than the plan I was on despite not having received the TV and broadband yet ) and this month I get a bill for 162 eur of which includes no more than 4eur of out of bundle calls 

Where is the 42eur bundle I signed up for ?

Hi RobAMerc, 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you have had with ourselves. 

Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll check this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Hi,

I just received a call from your accounts team 5 mins ago. It seems to be a total mess and not very satisfactory at all, but he is trying to deal with it.

I will be back to you if I have not heard from him in the next few hrs.

thanks

Hi,

I just received a call from your accounts team 5 mins ago. It seems to be a total mess and not very satisfactory at all, but he is trying to deal with it.

I will be back to you if I have not heard from him in the next few hrs.

thanks
    Ok no problem at all, come back to me if you have further issues. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

worst customer service in history - after literally hours on the phone to them - I was advised the only way to rectify this was to cancel my service and reset the bundle - I was advised I would lose broadband for up to 5 days. I said it was better than being charged 4 times the agreed rate.
    they cancelled my account immediately TV, broadband and phone with no notice on Wednesday last. I couldn't move to another provider either as I couldn't receive a txt to verify the number.

I gave up and told them to leave the whole lot cancelled - I just cannot be bothered anymore. They said as I broke the bundle I may be liable for the remaining time on the phone contract - like fook I am ! I signed up for the whole bundle not just the phone, I am cancelling the whole lot too.

Friday I got a giffy bag delivered by a courier, 30 mins later I got 2 new SIM cards in the post, then about an hour later some dude arrived to collect the equipment. Monday first thing the same chap was back again. Mo one from Eir told me that they would be sending anyone round, no one from the courier company arranged the time to call, what an incompetent bunch of clowns !

I would hate to be an older person trying to sort this mess out, Eir are a mess. Never again!

worst customer service in history - after literally hours on the phone to them - I was advised the only way to rectify this was to cancel my service and reset the bundle - I was advised I would lose broadband for up to 5 days. I said it was better than being charged 4 times the agreed rate.
    they cancelled my account immediately TV, broadband and phone with no notice on Wednesday last. I couldn't move to another provider either as I couldn't receive a txt to verify the number.

I gave up and told them to leave the whole lot cancelled - I just cannot be bothered anymore. They said as I broke the bundle I may be liable for the remaining time on the phone contract - like fook I am ! I signed up for the whole bundle not just the phone, I am cancelling the whole lot too.

Friday I got a giffy bag delivered by a courier, 30 mins later I got 2 new SIM cards in the post, then about an hour later some dude arrived to collect the equipment. Monday first thing the same chap was back again. Mo one from Eir told me that they would be sending anyone round, no one from the courier company arranged the time to call, what an incompetent bunch of clowns !

I would hate to be an older person trying to sort this mess out, Eir are a mess. Never again!
    [font=Times New Roman, serif]Hi RobAMerc, [/font]

[font=Times New Roman, serif]I'm very sorry to hear you are still having issues with ourselves. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman, serif]Apologies for the inconvenience caused, I understand this is frustrating.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman, serif]Thanks [/font]

[font=Times New Roman, serif]Tracey [/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement