Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved House - Final Bill

Options
  • 10-03-2016 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hi, 

I moved house back in December and my existing account was ceased, and a new account set up. 
    Because this happened in middle of a billing period, I was then due a refund for the ceased account. I have been in contact twice with agents and requested my final bill & the refund, and have been told twice this was being processed and would be sent out to me new address. I'm still waiting. I never seen my final bill because my online account was deactivated when account was ceased. 
    Eir were also in touch regarding my modem from the old address, which I sent back to the address in City West as requested. 
    Today I had a call from somebody claiming to be collecting debt on behalf of eir. but they expected me to hand over a load of personal data. 

So could some one please confirm the status of my ceased account, and if eir have set debt collectors on me, when they owe me money?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi, 

I moved house back in December and my existing account was ceased, and a new account set up. 
    Because this happened in middle of a billing period, I was then due a refund for the ceased account. I have been in contact twice with agents and requested my final bill & the refund, and have been told twice this was being processed and would be sent out to me new address. I'm still waiting. I never seen my final bill because my online account was deactivated when account was ceased. 
    Eir were also in touch regarding my modem from the old address, which I sent back to the address in City West as requested. 
    Today I had a call from somebody claiming to be collecting debt on behalf of eir. but they expected me to hand over a load of personal data. 

So could some one please confirm the status of my ceased account, and if eir have set debt collectors on me, when they owe me money?
    Hi Bored Accountant, 

I'm very sorry to hear this. 

Would you like to PM me the details and I'll check this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Bored Accountant

Hi Tracey, 

Thanks for sorting this out for me. :) 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Tracey, 

Thanks for sorting this out for me. :) 
    No problem  Bored Accountant :)
    I'll pass this onto Tracey.

-Pamela 

Advertisement