Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Mad cagers out in full force yesterday

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

*yawn*

These arguments, which are always identical, are so...boring at this point. People recount their own opinion like it's a statistical proof, and people post various reports/links, like they're a statistical proof.

It's very simple: sometimes a hi-viz (or whatever) helps, sometimes it doesn't. Wear WTF you see fit. Ride like everyone is out to kill you instead of basing your riding on a report/opinion/statistic that says drivers do or don't see this or that combination of colors. Honestly, if you don't have a get out plan of every situation, you're gonna regret it one day. Assume nobody sees you.

Sheeeeesssshhhhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Stephenc66 wrote: »
    For me as a car driver I find this offers the best added visibility to a bike, especially when it's coming from behind in traffic.

Same. I have the spots turned on 24/7 on my bike, in all conditions. People are looking for lights and will see them before anything else I reckon.

Still no substitute for riding defensively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Same. I have the spots turned on 24/7 on my bike, in all conditions. People are looking for lights and will see them before anything else I reckon.

Still no substitute for riding defensively.

By law all vehicles must use them at all times here. Can't say I totally see the logic to that though but I guess it can save lives.

Advertisement