Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Compulsory Field Trip Refund Help

• 10-03-2016 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi,

I went on a compulsory field trip in mid January thanks to the knowledge that, like last year, I was eligible for the refund scheme they have in place (full refund of accommodation and transport costs)

I sent form one, and three days later was approved.
    I sent form two on February 4th, and have been waiting on a reply ever since. It is now two months since I went on the trip and my emails have thus far been ignored. Another person in my year has received the same cold shoulder treatment.

Is there just a backlog? Is there another way other than email to get in contact with them? Any ideas of what I should/can do?

Thanks in advance,
    Adam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

I've never had to do this myself, but I know people who have and fairly sure they got it.

My best guess would be to give them a ring on their helpline (0761 08 7874, from the website). Explain to whoever you get through to your situation, they'll probably just say theyll look into it blah blah blah, just smile and nod, ask them roughly how long it'll be before they can get back to you. Give them that amount of time, because fair is fair.

If there's no sign of them getting backing to you after x days, give them a call again and ask for the person you were talking to from the start (make sure to get their name).

Just keep ringing them every day until you get an answer. You'll eventually get a proper answer. Good luck with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

kerryked wrote: »
    I've never had to do this myself, but I know people who have and fairly sure they got it.

My best guess would be to give them a ring on their helpline (0761 08 7874, from the website). Explain to whoever you get through to your situation, they'll probably just say theyll look into it blah blah blah, just smile and nod, ask them roughly how long it'll be before they can get back to you. Give them that amount of time, because fair is fair.

If there's no sign of them getting backing to you after x days, give them a call again and ask for the person you were talking to from the start (make sure to get their name).

Just keep ringing them every day until you get an answer. You'll eventually get a proper answer. Good luck with it!

Literally the perfect answer, a few lovely tips in there I didn't think of. Thanks a lot!!

Advertisement