Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are my chances of getting free chocolate!

Options
  • 10-03-2016 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

I was in the shop last week buying a few bits and pieces and picked up a Galaxy salted caramel bar at the counter.

It wasnt until I got home I realised that while the wrapper is completely sealed, there is only one finger of chocolate inside, instead of two.The humanity!!

So I want to send it back to Mars and tell them how disappointed I was that I couldnt enjoy my favourite bar with a cup of tea that evening.

Any ideas what I should say?
    Il share any free chocolate I get with anyone who replies :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Your username doesn't inspire me with confidence. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It's always worth a try, they might send you vouchers that you can use to buy lots more :)

Years ago they'd send a box of stuff - when I was a child I found a matchstick in a pot of Fruitfield jam and a man came to personally deliver a big box of their products :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

They used to be much more generous years back. I remember my mother returning dodgy food items and getting lots of free goodies by way of apology. These days I think you'll be lucky to get the other half the bar, but no harm trying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭BlondeMoment

Ruu wrote: »
    Your username doesn't inspire me with confidence. :D

No chocolate for Ruu! :D

It's always worth a try, they might send you vouchers that you can use to buy lots more :)

Years ago they'd send a box of stuff - when I was a child I found a matchstick in a pot of Fruitfield jam and a man came to personally deliver a big box of their products :)

I remember as a child one of my neighbours got a big box of goodies from Cadbury I think, I may be wrong. Their child was chewing on stuff for weeks!

You'd probably have to find a toe in your creme egg to get that big a payoff nowadays!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

To be realistic, I doubt you'll get much unless you didn't open it. If you opened it and realised the error, there's no way to verify that the bar was faulty. At best, you'd probably get an apology letter. Maybe a measly token chocolate bar.

If it's still sealed, you'd have much better chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭minibear

I got a couple of €5 vouchers for centra/supevalu after I emailed a crisp company about stale crisps from a box I had bought before Christmas. Every second pack was stale even though they were well in date, fully sealed and same batch number. I wasn't looking for anything from them (honestly!) when I emailed, I just wanted to alert them to the fact that there could be a problem.

Years ago I opened a can of coke and although it was fizzy, it wasn't at all sweet. I was working in an office at the time and almost as a joke we decided to ring the helpline printed on the side of the can. A couple of weeks later a delivery arrived with several slabs of coke, fruit drinks and water. :)

I think it's important to contact the company, it could highlight a problem in production or quality assurance and I'm sure they'd rather you contact them directly to let them know than put it on social media.

Faith wrote: »
    To be realistic, I doubt you'll get much unless you didn't open it. If you opened it and realised the error, there's no way to verify that the bar was faulty. At best, you'd probably get an apology letter. Maybe a measly token chocolate bar.

If it's still sealed, you'd have much better chances.

Yeah its still sealed. I didnt notice it in the shop because I had a few bits on the counter and then all got thrown into a bag. Im not actually expecting anything major, still I said id ask all the same!
    minibear wrote: »

I think it's important to contact the company, it could highlight a problem in production or quality assurance and I'm sure they'd rather you contact them directly to let them know than put it on social media.

Never thought of it like that. And you have a point. I wouldnt be they type to go posting on social media about it, but il send it off tomorrow and see what happens.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, if it's still sealed and clearly defective, then you have a good chance of free chocolate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

I bought a whole nut bar a few months ago, that had no nuts :pac:
    I emailed cadburys, and they posted me a voucher for 3 euro, never used it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Back sometime in late 90s when I was a child I got a wispa gold, opened it to discover it was missing the wispa base, was just a caramel filled shell top half. It was quite clear it wasn't manufactured with it rather than I'd just eaten it. So I smelled free chocolate and posted it off to Cadburys!

A week later I got a letter of apology and 4 or 5 of their large tiffin/golden crisp/fruit and nut/mint crisp bars. I was delighted, til my mother told me I had to share and give my sisters a bar haha :)

I was 11 or 12 at the time. Now if I found it I'd just eat it and grumble a bit haha

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yeah its still sealed.

Definitely worth sending it back so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭caille

In the day, Cadbury's were extremely generous if you had to contact them about a dodgy bar. The best though was when I contacted them back when the Time Out bar first came out, just before I was flying out to the States and to my Cadbury obsessed cousins, and asked them if they might be able to give me a few Time Outs for the cousins as apparently Time Out hadn't launched in the States at the same time

Cadburys sent me out TWO BOXES of Time Outs! 24 bars in each box! One of the boxes may not have reached the cousins in its full quantity...:-()

Good times and good memories.

Serious! That was so nice of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Pie minister sorted me out with 5 free pies and a cookbook after I found a bit of plastic bag in a pie. They were really nice about it. I got an email from a production manager about how they would address the issue and their sales rep called out to my office to drop off the freebies. It left me very impressed.

hardCopy wrote: »
    Pie minister sorted me out with 5 free pies and a cookbook after I found a bit of plastic bag in a pie. They were really nice about it. I got an email from a production manager about how they would address the issue and their sales rep called out to my office to drop off the freebies. It left me very impressed.

Top notch customer service!
    I heard their pies are good, I have yet to try one though, the line was too long at Electric Picnic! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭caille

Serious! That was so nice of them!

It was, it's a great memory, I remember speaking to a very nice woman in the Coolock office who thought it was so sweet that my Yank cousins got me to do Cadbury's 'runs' to them and said she would definitely send me on a few Time Outs. I thought I would get about a dozen bars for them, so to get 48 bars was so generous of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

hardCopy wrote: »

I had a very similar experience with them, and also great customer service.

Advertisement