Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping large parcel to USA

Options
  • 10-03-2016 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi, who is the most reliable/best value parcel courier to ship a parcel to the states? Parcel is approx 8kg, 80cm x 80cm x 40cm. Value is only around €300, some of the shipping quotes are more than that :eek: Was hoping for something around €50-60, is there any chance??? Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 BattleReady

Not for that price. It will be charged on size rather than weight. Try the Parcel direct ie, that have about 10 services tithe usa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Not for that price. It will be charged on size rather than weight. Try the Parcel direct ie, that have about 10 services tithe usa

Have you tried an post?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

guym wrote: »
    Hi, who is the most reliable/best value parcel courier to ship a parcel to the states? Parcel is approx 8kg, 80cm x 80cm x 40cm. Value is only around €300, some of the shipping quotes are more than that :eek: Was hoping for something around €50-60, is there any chance??? Thanks.

68.50 with An post registered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I shipped a bike frame from the USA last week, I was quoted 4-500 by UPS Fed ex DPD etc, I got it in 5 business days from USPS :) for $83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Express couriers are simply not suitable for such shipments - you're paying for a service level you don't need.

An post will be best by a long way for something this size and it will take 5-10 days for delivery.

Check international shipping restrictions to be sure the item is acceptable for air shipping.

Another thing to consider if it's a new product and available in USA is to buy it on amazon usa and have them ship within usa.

• Advertisement
Advertisement