Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards X-Division Championship Tournament

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Austin Aries. The man who revitalised the x div and made the title relevant again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Aries. Perfect for the division

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A Double cruises into Round 2 seamlessly, let's see who's gonna join him there.

Homicide

Da Gringo Killa

Homicide-tna-superstar-10.jpg

Vs

Eric Young

Showtime

EricYoungX-DivisionFace.jpg

I'm bouncing straight in here with a vote for Homicide. Young had the belt less than 24 hours and I honestly felt like leaving him out of this as he made my tournament-friendly number of 32 go up to 33. Besides, Homicide was like a little pitbull in that division.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Homicide because at least he has a pic of him holding the championship rather than a badly Photoshoped pic.

• Advertisement

'Cide for the win. EY was a fun comedy guy but never really fit as X div champ.

Another clean sweep as we head into the penultimate match of Round 1. It's an interesting one too....

Doug Williams

The Anarchist

DouglasWilliams2iw_display_image.jpg?1344394156

Vs

Brian Kendrick

The Wizard of Odd

latest?cb=20160203073907

I like both guys, but Kendrick takes it for me

Douglas Williams. Kendrick is a fine worker but he did nothing as X Champ. NOTHING! Williams was great as X Champ working that European style to slow down the fliers while slowly working a few more X div style moves into his own offense. Also Williams was over.

I'll go with Williams also. He had a career renaissance while holding that title and he also never lost it, that damn volcano in Iceland screwed him (stopped all air traffic) and he was stripped of the belt. I also loved his head shuffle taunt!

• Advertisement

HEAD SHUFFLE TAUNT FTW also F*** Magnus for robbing that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Williams had a much better reign, let's not forget this isnt about who the better wrestler is, but who was the better champion. Kendricks reign was nothing

The Brit beats out the Man with a Plan. We've only one spot left up for grabs and owing to a an odd number, we're going triple threat...

Chris Sabin

The Motor City Machine Gun

IMG_8825.jpg

vs

Jerry Lynn

The New F'N Show

JerryLynn_display_image.jpg

vs

Suicide (aka Manik)

The Dark Savior

Suicideiw_crop_north.jpg?w=280&h=420&q=75

For me its a straight shoot out between Lynn and Sabin. JL was a lynch pin alongside Low Ki and Styles at the beginning and he really helped to establish AJ. Sabin was almost AJs replacement in the X div when Styles moved up to HW. Sabin has been involved in some of the most famous X div moments and feuds ever. Sabin for me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'll go for.. Jerry Lynn

I'll go with Chris Sabin. Held it 8 times I think. Held loads of different versions of the strap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Oooooh that is a tough one. Jerry Lynn's time as champ is up there for me for memorability...but Chris had much better matches as champion. This is the first one that actually has be stumped in a good way. I could change my mind any given day, but today I'm going with Jerry

Always liked Chris Sabin. He's my choice

A fantastic tussle but it's the man from Detroit who claims the last spot in Round 2. Hail Sabin! Round 2 matches will begin tomorrow.

At the end of each round we'll have a look at the evolution of the title belts that represented the division. What do we all think of the original NWA:TNA X Division Championship belt? How do you rate it? What are your opinions on it?

xtitle.jpg

Thats my favourite version of the title. Its the iconic X div look IMO its the belt associated with AJ, Sabin etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I like the original name on it, NWA TNA. It reminds me of how unique the company seemed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Omackeral wrote: »
    A fantastic tussle but it's the man from Detroit who claims the last spot in Round 2. Hail Sabin! Round 2 matches will begin tomorrow.

At the end of each round we'll have a look at the evolution of the title belts that represented the division. What do we all think of the original NWA:TNA X Division Championship belt? How do you rate it? What are your opinions on it?

xtitle.jpg
    Always came across like a copy of the big gold belt to me. Just with a big red X on it. Not a fan of massive belts in general. I always thought that red X made it look incredibly cheesy ( I know right? Something cheesy in the world of sport entertainment)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Cheese is a necessary ingredient in wrestling anyway, but I can see what you mean about the red jumping out from the design of the belt. I didn't really watch when this belt was used.

Round 2 will be similar to the opening round in that a talent will require three votes to advance but this time we ask you to give a reason for your choice. That could be either supporting your chosen star or giving a reason why your least favorite shouldn't advance. Let's get started...

Kenny King

The King of the Night

img_7283.jpg

Vs

Abyss

The Monster

hqdefault.jpg

King

King

Your vote still counts but we are looking for a quick reason for your choice this round Blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Abyss for me, It was a great storyline with Abyss targeting all the X Division guys

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah, Abyss for same reason above. Didn't see much of King either tbh.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Your vote still counts but we are looking for a quick reason for your choice this round Blue.

Okay I thought his run was a lot more memorable.

• Advertisement

I agree with Blue, thought Kenny King's King of the Night character was quite memorable and enjoyed seeing him from week to week. King for me.

It's 2-2, next fall wins.

Advertisement