Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards X-Division Championship Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

AJ has too much for the Canadian and is ready to fly into the next stage.

Amazing Red

Red Alert

i-2.jpg

Vs

Doug Williams

The Anarchist

DouglasWilliams2iw_display_image.jpg?1344394156

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Maybe cos I dipped in and out with regards TNA but I think I missed Doug's X division title time meanwhile I had a liking for Amazing Red who I always thought would be a (little bit) bigger name than he ended up being... Red gets my vote here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I am going for Doug Williams because his run was a lot more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Doug for me. He had a couple of excellent triple threat matches with aj and jay lethal. Aj won them but all performed with real credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Amazing Red.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Doug I suppose. My main memory of Red was someone ranting about him on here (can't even remember who it was hated him, I just remember the term spot monkey being used). Doug was a generally solid wrestler, though he was unlucky to have been involved in the Fortune/Immortal thing.

Amazing Red.

Just a reminder that in Round 2 you should give a reason for your choice. Just adds a little more to it. It can be why you liked one guy over another or why you hated the dude you're voting against. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Both guys that burned up the indies and were somewhat darlings.

I'll give it to Doug Williams due to greater credible. He is fairly underrated in the scheme of things.

The British Invader cements his place in the quarter finals. There's only one spot left up for grabs, who's gonna take it?

Frankie Kazarian

The Future

d4b0dee7882113ee9bf0bf7656d42a75.jpg

vs

Low Ki

Senshi : The Warrior

tumblr_n31a7rQlbx1rg89a6o1_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

A pair of guys I find pretty lame.

Have to give it to Low-Ki though. He has had some amazing matches in the division during the TNA hay days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah, Low-Ki for the same reasons. Some of these guys I haven't seen enough of to make a decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Low Ki easily. More a victim of his own self worth but anytime he was given the ball he truely did run with it...until he got bored

Before we delve into our last 8, I was hoping we could get back to some discussion of the physical X division championship belt. We covered the original plain red X design at the end of Round 1, now we move on to this version:

Ceinture_TNA_X-Division_2007.gif

What are your thoughts on it? I personally liked this one most of all. In my opinion, it has enough of the lineage of the first title but is way more prestigious looking. It looks like a title worth fighting for. Do you think similar? Does it represent the X division enough in your opinion? All thoughts and discussion is welcome.

By far the best design, it made it look important and worked in the giant X without it being tacky.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Just a reminder that in Round 2 you should give a reason for your choice. Just adds a little more to it. It can be why you liked one guy over another or why you hated the dude you're voting against. Cheers :)
    I voted for Amazing Red because my car is red. :)

We are down to the last 8 competitors in our quest to find the greatest ever X Division Champion in TNA history. All wrestlers need FOUR votes to to make it into the semi finals. Again, please provide a reason for your selection. All draws will be made using the patented Custom Random Number GeneratorTM

Chris Sabin

The Motor City Machine Gun

IMG_8825.jpg

vs

Doug Williams

The Anarchist

DouglasWilliams2iw_display_image.jpg?1344394156

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Doug had a good run here, but I have to pick Sabin. I firmly believe Sabin is one of the best of the division, and he deserves to go further here.

Sabin.

Produced better matches more consistently than doug.

Yeah, Sabin for me too. Certainly one of the four most worthy of a semi final place minimally.

I'll vote for Chris Sabin too. Held the title a whopper 8 times and it always suited him.

• Advertisement

Sabin beats a plucky Doug Williams to claim his place in the last 4.

Samoa Joe

The Samoan Submission Machine

SamoaJoe2screened.com_display_image_crop_north.jpg?w=266&h=177&q=75

vs

Kenny King

The King of the Night

img_7283.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Joe all the way with this one tbh - for a big man to be in the x division shows the talent he has and were seeing it in NXT now! Joe has to win this one imho

Joe. Simply put, he's better than King.

Wow, I'm a big kenny fan but have to vote joe due to his bigger overall contributions.

Kenny King. I don't know why but for some reason I just enjoy him any time I see him on T.V.

Two hours remain in this match. If neither competitor reaches the required number of votes (four), then the man in the lead will progress.

It's currently

Samoa Joe 3
    Kenny King 1

Joe without question. There are 4 people that should be in the finals: Sabin,Joe, AJ and Aries. I'd argue Daniels should be there instead of Sabin, but that's the luck of the draw!

Samoa Joe comes up victorious in a 23 hour Iron Man match. Good run for Kenny King but Joe kills him dead.

Jay Lethal

Black Machismo

img_1696_650.jpg

Vs

Low Ki

Senshi: The Warrior

08aa5eb97cb63272ee9a144d9258a40f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Jay Lethal for me , always liked Low Ki/Senshi but loved Jay's impressions of macho man and the whole black machismo thing

Low Ki was great in ROH around the same time but I feel he never properly took off under the Senshi name

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I think Ki was essential in establishing what the X div was all about in the early days and he had a great run which then lead into the forming of Triple X with Daniels and Skipper. But Jay Lethal was everything a great X div champ should be. He was over, he was always good in the ring and Black Machismo is probably the most memorable thing not named AJ Styles ever done in TNA.

Black Machismo gets my vote.

Advertisement