Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SigNET200 / Europlex questions

Options
  • 11-03-2016 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hello,

I currently have a SigNET200 panel (plastic cover) installed with a zone expander board and a GSM card.

1) I'm looking for a dual zone WHITE Visonics shock/contact to work with this:

The system functions more or less fine, however one of my hard wired shock/contact zones is misbehaving. I already replaced the hardwired shock and contact (and resistor), but it still gives false alarms periodically. The problem is therefore likely in the wiring but it's buried and not easily re-doable so I want to go wireless...

I believe I need the "old" visonics shock/contact - in white and preferably configurable to 2 zones (as far as I remember Europlex made the later ones to be just one zone for both shock and contact).

Anyone know where I can get one of these? - my usual supplier doesn't have any Europlex/Signet parts anymore... pref Dublin Northside

2) I have a lot invested in this panel between the GSM card and expander board and have no immediate need/desire to replace it. The GSM/text service works well enough, but I'm wondering if there's any way to add WiFi to this panel (hardwiring is not an option) so that it could connect to the house's internet so that:
    a) I can if necessary re-configure it remotely (GSM is too slow and unreliable for this).
    b) any one with a mobile phone app can receive notifications and arm/disarm system remotely.

Tx

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you already have wireless receiver on this panel you can get a licence key from from Siemens /Vanderbilt that will allow you to use Visonic sensor and contact. These can be enrolled on 2 zones if you want to.
    Is there an ethernet port this panel?
    If so it can be upgraded to Spc software giving you app and browser connection.
    If not you could simply replace the panel pcb. You could still use all the other existing hardware. WiFi is not a direct option but we use WiFi adapters or PowerLine adapter which work very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Pauley2

Tx Koolkid,

This panel already has an older Visonics wireless shock and contact which I'd like to keep functional. If I were to get the licence key you mention to also allow use of a new Visonic too, would the old one continue to work?

Also, how exactly do I get (and install) a licence key on this older system with SigNET firmware etc? - I'm not a registered installer (these are my own systems). Do I just contact Siemens support? Is there a charge for this?

Assuming I can install the key and get the sensor - is there any particular Visonics model no I should look for?

Also - this panel does NOT have an ethernet connection - just USB, X10 and RS232. So if I want to enhance the comms on it I'd need to (as you say) replace the board - which I wasn't aware was an option. Can you say (OR PM me) roughly how much that would cost? (And I don't know if this is relevant or not, but this panel was one of the ones Europlex sold a few years ago as a "free upgrade" from a SigNET 100 - so, even though there's a SigNET200 panel inside, the housing and cover says "SigNET 100". I only mention in case there's a difference in the mounting holes or something like that..)

and lastly - if I upgraded the board to the SPC would the OLD visonics shock/contact work?

Tx. Your help on these forums is invaluable!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    If you get a licence key your old Europlex sensors will work. If you are adding new sensors use these
    http://northwoodtechnology.ie/visonic-shock-sensor-mct-303
    If you call Siemens tech support and give them the panel model and serial number they will give you a licence key.
    If you were to upgrade the PCB thethe equivalent pcb would be spc5320 & that would have an ethernet connection.
    If you upgrade you can add your wireless receiver on to the new panel and use your existing Europlex devices. You will need to get a licence key for this to work as well.
    I'd be happy to get these keys for you if you want to pm me the details when the time comes.
    For the cost of the pcb take a look at the suppliers sticky and give one of them a call. We are not allowed toto discuss wholesale prices here.
    If you need anything else come back to me.

Advertisement