Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus - Flights to Orlando

Options
  • 11-03-2016 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all,
    Looking to book flights from Dublin to Orlando with Aer Lingus for around 17th Sept onwards. Does anyone know when the best time to book would be? They're around 680 at the moment. Just wondering if anyone has booked for this time in previous years and perhaps if they might go down.
    TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'd be wary about using peoples' experiences from previous years to make a timing decision on booking flights this year. Demand and capacity vary from year to year so no two years are going to be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

I suggest shop around...plenty of US flights available to MCO with other airlines. I have gone on that route 4-5 times over last 20 years, and only used EI one, sometimes on price grounds, sometimes on availability. You can also take an EI flight to New York or Boston, and Jet Blue down. From my own experience the best time to book is when they release the flights, generally 330 days before the actual flights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just a personal opinion, but I always prefer flying direct if available and if it means paying a bit more, so be it. I've gone to Orlando both direct and via Atlanta and would pick the direct route in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Synney

Thanks all, definitely thinking of going the direct route. Previously travelled to New York direct and think it would be less hassle to go direct than getting a 2nd flight once over there. Don't mind paying the extra. Don't think there will be much change in flight price so I might just go ahead and book!

Any further recommendations on park tickets, accommodation, spending money etc. are welcomed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭steokeogh

Synney wrote: »
    Thanks all, definitely thinking of going the direct route. Previously travelled to New York direct and think it would be less hassle to go direct than getting a 2nd flight once over there. Don't mind paying the extra. Don't think there will be much change in flight price so I might just go ahead and book!

Any further recommendations on park tickets, accommodation, spending money etc. are welcomed :)

For tickets I would go with attraction tickets direct great service if you are looking for 14 day tickets.

I was there last year and stayed in the Avanti, nice hotel with shuttles included in the resort fee.

• Advertisement

steokeogh wrote: »
    For tickets I would go with attraction tickets direct great service if you are looking for 14 day tickets.

I was there last year and stayed in the Avanti, nice hotel with shuttles included in the resort fee.

I'll second Attraction Tickets Direct. Primarily because you get actual tickets and not vouchers for tickets which I got from American Holidays. I know it's only a small thing but being able to go straight to the turnstile on your first day with an actual ticket as opposed to having to queue to exchange your voucher for them tickets is worth it.

I'll second Attraction Tickets Direct. Primarily because you get actual tickets and not vouchers for tickets which I got from American Holidays. I know it's only a small thing but being able to go straight to the turnstile on your first day with an actual ticket as opposed to having to queue to exchange your voucher for. Ticket is worth it.

Also if you plan to visit Disney World look into My Disney Experience and FastPass+. It will make your trip to Disney a lot less hectic as you can plan what attractions to visit 30 Days before hand and get a set time

Great, thanks for the advice. I will look into buying through tickets from them. I was looking at the 5 park combo ticket.. would this be a good choice? For Disney, is it a 1 day ticket or how are they sold. What would you guys recommend?
    The Avanti seems nice. I'd like to stay somewhere where we can walk to bars and restaurants in the evening if possible. What's the location like? Thanks again.

Great, thanks for the advice. I will look into buying through tickets from them. I was looking at the 5 park combo ticket.. would this be a good choice? For Disney, is it a 1 day ticket or how are they sold. What would you guys recommend?
    The Avanti seems nice. I'd like to stay somewhere where we can walk to bars and restaurants in the evening if possible. What's the location like? Thanks again.

It's horses for courses really. It all depends on your preference and what you're in to. Are you travelling with kids and if so, are they young or teenagers of what? I travelled with my wife and we prefer Universal Studios to Disney (find Disney a bit dated really). However if you have young kids, Disney would be essential I'd imagine. In my opinion, Universal is better for adults and teenagers.

The 5 park Flex ticket was perfect for our needs. We did go to Disney for one day but Attraction Tickets don't sell individual or 2 day tickets to Disney so we bought them from Disney direct.

It's horses for courses really. It all depends on your preference and what you're in to. Are you travelling with kids and if so, are they young or teenagers of what? I travelled with my wife and we prefer Universal Studios to Disney (find Disney a bit dated really). However if you have young kids, Disney would be essential I'd imagine. In my opinion, Universal is better for adults and teenagers.

The 5 park Flex ticket was perfect for our needs. We did go to Disney for one day but Attraction Tickets don't sell individual or 2 day tickets to Disney so we bought them from Disney direct.

No its just myself and my partner travelling, both in our late 20's. Would like to go to Disney just for the experience but probably just for the day. Will just get the ticket from them then 😀

• Advertisement

No its just myself and my partner travelling, both in our late 20's. Would like to go to Disney just for the experience but probably just for the day. Will just get the ticket from them then 😀

Yeah I suppose if you've never been, a day in the Magic Kingdom would be nice. Stay away from 'It's a Small World' though..!!!!

Myself and the OH are both in our early 20s and had a great time in Disney last year. There is 4 parks to choose from and they all over something different. Firework shows are excellent and not matched by anything I have seen before.

If you look up the Disney/Universal combo ticket on Attraction tickets that was the ticket we used.

In relation to the Avanti's location its pretty much in the heart of International Drive, bars and restaurants in all directions offering different food to meet your tastes. Also staying on International drive you have access to I-Drive trolley which is cheap and can get you to 2 shopping outlets and everywhere else on I-Drive. It costs about $20 for a 14 day bus pass so well worth it if you are not getting a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I flew DUB > MCO, and JFK > DUB last November for about €550. I think I booked it about 6 weeks out.

I've done the MCO route a few times, and I dislike the waiting for the overnight flight home with all the kids hanging around. Once they go to sleep on the plane, things are much better.

Advertisement