Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ace Attorney 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Trials and Tribs is my favourite hands down, it's just such an amazing game.

Was playing them back to back but after case 2 I gave it a break. Very reading heavy games and I try not to use guides when possible.
    If ya can, you should definitely play investigations 2, its a lot of trouble to get it going, especially if you go the 3ds route, but the game is so worth it, my second favourite AA game after Pw:AA.

Is that not translated? I know the first was but always thought 2 wasn't. Have Apollo Justice but it's just a cart. Try to have boxed so it's frustrating to find rarer games boxed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

ERG89 wrote: »

Is that not translated? I know the first was but always thought 2 wasn't. Have Apollo Justice but it's just a cart. Try to have boxed so it's frustrating to find rarer games boxed

Its not officially translated, but some fans did a very good translation and created a patch for the Japanese rom, that can play on a 3ds. All the steps are here.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ace-attorney-investigation-2-prosecutors-path-final-release.367451/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice Development Blog Discusses Visual Design And Special Effects
    Capcom has shared another development blog for the upcoming 3DS title, and this time we hear from a couple of members in charge of visual design and special effects.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/08/28/ace-attorney-spirit-justice-development-blog-discusses-visual-design-special-effects/

Phoenix's voice actor & Apollos Edit: and athena

Played the demo, I love the new feature and looking forward to the new game.
    Nearly got teary because of Maya in the preview after it ended, the thought of Maya and Phoenix being reunited again! That and I'm a sap lol.

• Advertisement

Played the demo, I love the new feature and looking forward to the new game.
    Nearly got teary because of Maya in the preview after it ended, the thought of Maya and Phoenix being reunited again! That and I'm a sap lol.

I know! i wanna see how she gets on with trucy and the rest of the gang.

So, the costumes DLC is free for the first week after launch, but no mention of the special cases yet, its looking like they are giving us the costumes free but charging for the extra cases later on, but thats just a guess of mine.

http://nintendoeverything.com/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-spirit-of-justice-costume-dlc-will-be-free-for-the-first-week/

Playing through the first case now and loving it :D. Just an update on upcoming content inc short stories and DLC case 'Time traveller' and 3ds themes.
    Capcom will release new Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice throughout the rest of September each Thursday. Two short stories are on the way, each of which has a unique pixel art 3DS theme. A full-length extra episode titled “Turnabout Time Traveler” is also on the way.

Here’s the schedule:

9/15 – “Phoenix Wright: Asinine Attorney” short story and 3DS theme ($3.99 / £3.59 / €3.99)
    9/22 – “Apollo Justice: Asinine Attorney” short story and 3DS theme ( $3.99 / £3.59 / €3.99)
    9/29 – “Turnabout Time Traveler” full-length extra episode ($5.99 / £5.39 / €5.99)

http://nintendoeverything.com/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-spirit-of-justice-getting-new-dlc-throughout-the-month/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Happy AA6 day to all :)
    In honour of the release here is my Special burger recipe

Enjoy

Maya Burgers

1kg beef mince
    500gr pork mince
    200gr breadcrumbs
    2 green peppers
    4 cloves garlic
    2 large onions
    2 eggs
    pinch salt
    4 tablespoons olive oil
    4 tablespoons tomato puree
    half teaspoon black pepper
    teaspoon soy sauce
    a good dash of worcestershire sauce
    oregano
    parsley
    thyme

Optional
    Wasabi paste (as much as you dare)or horseradish is a good substitute

Combine all ingrediants with a fine chop on the peppers onions and garlic. Cover tightly and leave overnight in fridge. Form the burgers into 5 oz pattys and lightly fry in a pan. Transfer to a oven dish and cook slowly in a water bath till cooked through.

Optional
    After removing the burgers from the oven leave to rest for 10 minutes. Grease a griddle pan and fry the burger for 2 minutes each side.

999dd9a2e8f2416aafbb09afeb48b06ecb75c1c5cda5ab3e836a63e8d015d050_1.jpg

• Advertisement

Playing through the first case now and loving it :D. Just an update on upcoming content inc short stories and DLC case 'Time traveller' and 3ds themes.

http://nintendoeverything.com/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-spirit-of-justice-getting-new-dlc-throughout-the-month/

So instead of an extra fiver this time they want 13 quid?

F U Crapcom :mad:

Thankfully i grabbed my copy from the alternative eshop for a completely legal lazytown moment.

Just finished the first case there, that set the bar high high! i hope they are all as good.
    Heavy metal jesus was hillarious

Just finished downloading it but too tired to play. I'll play it tomorrow evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Just finished the first case; I really did not expect to like it as much as I did. One of the strongest first cases imo, along with 3-1 and 5-1, and it wasn't as heavy on the exposition as I was afraid it would be. It was a decent length as well for a first case. I'm excited to play the rest; it'll the first time I go into an Ace Attorney game virtually unspoilered. I'm looking forward to seeing how Apollo and Athena do without their lawyer dad and seeing Maya and Ema again.

I liked
    Ahlbi in general and also his animations with Shah'do, seeing multiple viewpoints of Phoenix and court room, the throwbacks to the original games, the Grease and Monty Python references, the judge sort of being on your side, the scene of Phoenix actually inserting the mitamah into the box as opposed to just getting photos of it, and the foreshadowing for the rest of the game at the end.

I didn't like
    the jarring transitions between the music in Andistan'dhin's statements (the similar testimony in 5-DLC was way smoother imo), the gallery interfering constantly, and Rayfa's awkward dance - it looked like a Hatsune Miku MMD video to me :pac:

Did you say Ace Attorney you were interested in the dub?
    The new Ace Attorney anime has currently been airing over on Crunchyroll with English subtitles, though fans can expect to see the show dubbed in English in the future.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/09/ace-attorney-anime-going-get-english-dub/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Do you really need to play all previous games before no. 5 and 6 on the 3DS?

Did you say Ace Attorney you were interested in the dub?

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/09/ace-attorney-anime-going-get-english-dub/

Sweet! cant wait for this to come out, thanks fuzzy!

Pac1Man wrote: »

Not really no, but they are continuations of the previous games, the trilogy are probably the ones that should be played together imo, but the rest you dont have to, but sometimes they have nods to past games that you might not get if you havent played them. Ive no idea about SOJ story and if it has nods to past games just done the first case last night and starting the second one right now. id say go ahead tho.

No need. Try the fifth game and if you like it you can go back for the others. The first part of the first game is free to play though on iOS so I'd recommend it over starting with the 3DS ones if you have an Apple device.

Thanks guys. I'm enjoying the very first one on the DS at the moment and bought Dual Destinies when it was going cheap the other week. I should have also picked up the trilogy in hindsight.

Thinking about it, i may as well play them in order since I'm enjoying the madness of the first one so much! I just have to decide whether to buy the next two digitally or track down the physical copies.

• Advertisement

To anyone who wants tp play the series play in this order

AA1 to AA4

Then the 2 Miles Edgeworth games

then Dual destinies and Spirit of justice

Do not watch the Anime beforehand it will spoil the first 2 games!!!!!!!

On AA6

Not bad so far will do a write up and walkthrough after i finish it :cool:

Taking a brief break from the game tonight to watch the Ace Attorney movie with herself and Little miss Sparks :D

Both are now firmly involved in the world of Phoenix Wright :cool:

Little miss is halfway through AA3 and herself has gone from the start :)

Now if only crapcom would localize DGS then i would be happy. We may not get a fan translation this time :mad:

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Taking a brief break from the game tonight to watch the Ace Attorney movie with herself and Little miss Sparks :D

Both are now firmly involved in the world of Phoenix Wright :cool:

Little miss is halfway through AA3 and herself has gone from the start :)

Now if only crapcom would localize DGS then i would be happy. We may not get a fan translation this time :mad:
    I'll have to ask Little Miss what she thought of the movie and AA3, I was nearly in bits playing it. I think I met you that night and I was "omgomgomgomg!".
    I'd prefer DGS to 6, the style is gorgeous. I'm sure 6 will be great but still.

Finished case 2 last night. I'll spoiler everything for convenience.
    I was very surprised that it was a one-and-done case, but I think it worked - though a 'To be Continued' in the middle of the investigation wouldn't have hurt. I always love seeing Apollo and Trucy interact so it was great to see them reassure each other. The Mr Reus retcon is irritating but understandable - failure to plan in advance for things like this has been a fault of the series since the first game. I felt Athena was a little too quiet as Apollo's assistant overall but if she has a bigger role in future cases I won;t mind. I also really liked Phoenix's praise of Apollo at the end; it showed how far they've come from their relationship in AJ.

As for the case itself: I saw the Bonny/Betty reveal coming miles away but I only figured out the Retinz/Reus one when he made the camera disappear. I loved the animations of Betty and Bonny on the stand together and Retinz' breakdown was great - it reminded me of the Phantom from 5-5. I do feel that we were given too much info during investigation - the segments in, say, the dressing room, above the stage, and at Take-2 TV could have been cut completely and we could have found out about he alibi, notebook etc. in court. Sahdmadhi really pissed me off in a good way; I felt like for once the prosecutor was my adversary, not the witnesses. I loved seeing Ema again and I'm interested in seeing how they'll differentiate her relationship with Sahdmadhi from Klavier.

Also; the pre-court and investigation themes are amazing. I'm getting a real AJ-feel from the music, which is always great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I want on this hype train! I never played any of these games is thete anything other than court cases going on in it?

iamtony wrote: »
    I want on this hype train! I never played any of these games is thete anything other than court cases going on in it?

It's basically a game of two halves; one half is investigation, a point and click adventure game where you check out crime scenes, collect evidence and talk to witnesses. The other half is court, where you're tasked with sorting through witness testimony and exposing contradictions using the evidence you found.

It sounds complicated, but in practice it's very intuitive and you get the hang of it very quickly. I had to rely very heavily on a guide the first time I played, but by now I can figure out the case well in advance.

It is a very text heavy game, though, more like a visual novel than anything, and that turns people off. But if you're a fan of murder mysteries, quirky yet well written characters and one of the best localizations I've ever seen, it's worth a whirl! The first case of the first game is free to play on iOS so I'd recommend trying that first and, if you like that, all but one of the games are available on the 3DS eShop.

Still playing the first one. These judges are crooked as hell! :D

I'm kind of glad that I found the series late. At least I now have a handful of the games ready and waiting.

(This has turned into a general AA thread)

Honestly this is shaping up to be a cracker of phoenix wright game. Im halfway through case 3 and oh ... my... GOD!

Still playing the first one. These judges are crooked as hell! :D

I'm kind of glad that I found the series late. At least I now have a handful of the games ready and waiting.

(This has turned into a general AA thread)

Im glad for another new fan! you have lots of gaming time ahead but you will love it i hope :)

• Advertisement

Honestly this is shaping up to be a cracker of phoenix wright game. Im halfway through case 3 and oh ... my... GOD!

I'm just after finishing it and... I have no words, only tears :'(

Unfortunately I've heard from a load of places that 6-4 isn't great but I'll take it seeing as 6-2 and 6-3 were amazing!

Advertisement