Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

offline/online form filling question.

Options
  • 11-03-2016 5:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

My App requires a simple form to be filled in, like a site survey form before a job can commence.

When there is Internet connection. The App plus the form I use (jotform) which is embedded into the App works perfect for what I need. No problems.

When the app is being used out on site and there is no internet connection the form and app is useless as the App and Form require Internet access.

The App is an off the shelf monthly subscription build your own. I have very little code/programming knowledge, but this works for me.

It does everything I need, when I have Internet. My problem is when I don't.

Any solutions ideas or workarounds?.

I need to be able to fill in forms with or without Internet access.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Really a question for whoever offers the app building as a service and if they support offline storage and then syncing to the server.

I am assuming you are actually just using a web based app that you access through a mobile browser or it is wrapped in a downloadable app, if this is the case I fear you may have no course of action to remedy the need for a connection.

If you were to get an actual application developed or find an off the shelf one then offline work shouldn't be a problem, generally the app will let you work away without a connection and then when a connection is detected it will sync with the server. Of course costs for this could be significantly higher than your current solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

Really a question for whoever offers the app building as a service and if they support offline storage and then syncing to the server.

I am assuming you are actually just using a web based app that you access through a mobile browser or it is wrapped in a downloadable app, if this is the case I fear you may have no course of action to remedy the need for a connection.

If you were to get an actual application developed or find an off the shelf one then offline work shouldn't be a problem, generally the app will let you work away without a connection and then when a connection is detected it will sync with the server. Of course costs for this could be significantly higher than your current solution.

Thanks for your Answer

I'll ask the off the shelf App builder(Good Barber) the same question and return here with their answer.
    I fear a response will be an unfortunate answer.

I got a few quotes for €25,000-75,000 from app builders that were looking to provide less features than the off the shelf white lable €60 monthly alternative of goodbarber.

I went with the (Good Barber build) as it does everything I need (as long as there is internet).

Are you aware of any off the shelf offline/online App builder alternatives?

Regards

Wolf

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

My Response from Goodbarber

"Hello,
    I am sorry but there is no workaround for this.
    Best regards,
    Tina"

I Have moved on and now looking at Appery.io This video go my attention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h1RbhwFjAw

Im working though it and hopefully will find a solution for offline/online database syncing

Advertisement