Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

I need a GS1200 frame

• 11-03-2016 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Anybody got one or know of one for a BMW 2010 or 2011?

Thanks
    T

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

txpjl wrote: »
    Anybody got one or know of one for a BMW 2010 or 2011?

Thanks
    T

I dont have one but just out of interest, why do you need it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

I don’t think there is a frame per say. Most of the structure comes from the motor itself; there is a front and rear sub frame bolted to the motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭txpjl

I have a perfect bike but no paperwork. Person who sold it shagged off to Europe. I eventually acquired it through a few sets of people who didn't want it and am now trying to make it legal again.

T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I have a perfect bike but no paperwork. Person who sold it shagged off to Europe. I eventually acquired it through a few sets of people who didn't want it and am now trying to make it legal again.

T

If it wasn't stolen, you could apply for a new logbook. If it wasn't stolen.......

If it wasn't stolen, you could apply for a new logbook. If it wasn't stolen.......

Where here or in the UK? If here what do they need?

T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

T

Did someone honestly just give you a €10k bike ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

T

Driver and Vehicle Computer Services Division
    Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport
    Shannon Town Centre
    Shannon
    Clare
    Ireland
    Tel:0818 411 412
    Homepage: http://www.dttas.ie/roads/english/motor-taxvehicle-registraton-nvdf
    Email: Motortax@dttas.ie

Ring Shannon, they will send you a specific form which you get signed at a court house. The original owner is notified of the change of ownership as well.

I'd check with them to make sure its not stolen, since it will be picked up on if it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Sounds like a finance company is probably on the look out for this....

Nothing 'sounds' kosher tbh

• Advertisement

D3V!L wrote: »
    Did someone honestly just give you a €10k bike ???

I paid about 1/4 of what its worth. Really great shape, 22 K mikes and I had it flat out at 121 MPH in testing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

So you paid a quarter of what it's worth and the original owner has legged it off to Europe. Meaning that three quarter are owed to someone.

Sounds solid enough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I paid about 1/4 of what its worth. Really great shape, 22 K mikes and I had it flat out at 121 MPH in testing it.

Did you do a history check on the bike? If it sounds to good to true, it usually is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,362 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There would be fewer bikes stolen by lowlifes if others wouldn't buy them.

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement