Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Tool Purchase - has this happened to you?

• 11-03-2016 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hello,

Couple of problems with two online power tool purchases and hoping to get some feedback:

1. Bosch AL1860CV + 1600A002U5x2 Charger 2-18v-5Ah CoolPack Batteries

One of the batteries charge level indicator did not light at all when pressed (even though manual says they should) I thought perhaps it’s because its brand new - so charged for 1 hour - nothing - on closer inspection it looks used. (slight wear on base)Other battery and charger seem brand new.

Charger and batteries came in clear plastic bag with manuals - no box / case.

2. Bosch GST18V-LISN Jigsaw 18v BODY ONLY

This was simply in a bag with manual and a couple of blades - no protective box of any kind - Is this normal??

SDS ejector button for blade did not pop out blade - it releases it so it can be taken out - but only ‘popped’ / ejected onto workbench once in ten or so tries. Probably wouldn’t be concerned about this except for dodgy battery.

3. DEWALT DPN1850-XJ 15-55mm 18g Brad Nailer (bought online from another well known retailer)

No allen key in carry hook as there should be. Has this happened to anyone ?

Appeared to be fully sealed - although slight hole in plastic wrap at case handle - probably where someone picked it up. Also was a black cable tie around handle - I suppose to prevent tampering - is this normal.

Other wise it seems to work fine although after finding no allen key (and maybe the dead battery) I have found some slight scuff marks but nothing that shows real wear.

All advice / comments appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

First one sound like a refurb. I did get a hitachi jigsaw in a cardboard box in B&Q last year (no proper case). Cable tie was probably where price tag was on in a shop and tag removed to sell online ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

I bought some more 3ah cool pack batteries when they were on sale a few months ago and they didn't show any charge indication out of the box(i think it was the same with my 4ah batteries that came with the tool) when they arrived. I charged them as instructed and they're flawless now. Every Bosch blue tool i have bought came in a cardboard box or in a sealed carry case, it sounds like you got a returned set or a refurbished tool.

Bosch body only tools should come in a cardboard box afaik.
    I have a Bosch gst 140 or 160 and the blade eject is the same as yours, it releases them every time but does not eject them every time, I have to say that this does not bother me at all.

Can I ask which retailer you bought from?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Swift66

I bought the bosch body only cordless jigsaw and the charger and batteries from www.powertoolsuk.co.uk and the dewalt brad gun from www.dm-tools.co.uk.

Have tried the dud battery for an hour on charger and nothing.

What about the nail gun with missing allen key , is this normal??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Were they cheaper than you might ordinarily expect ?
    Possibly exdisplay ??

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Swift66

dm-tools were great to deal with and get issue sorted , poswertoolsuk.co.uk were terrible - took weeks to get a working replacement battery from them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement