Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communion accessories

Options
  • 11-03-2016 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hope i'm posting in the right forum now, now that the little one is sorted with dress and shoes for the communion I'm looking to pick up some accessories. Does anyone know where I can pick up some simple head piece / hair accessory?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Most of the shops should stock them now, I was in Dunnes by Wilton the other day and they had lots of Communion things in..

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

These look really nice too http://www.azurejewellery.ie/communion-pieces/ but actually heading into Dunnes today so will definitetly take a look there. Is it just me or is it such an overly expensive day. Its not supposed to be, but things just add up so fast...its mad. I remember getting mine and everything has a hand-me-down!!

Think they have just gone way out of hand... Bouncie Castle, Big Family Dinners they are more like mini weddings now

But sure they are like €45 upwards madness. Go to Claires maybe sure they will never wear it again

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Milly33 wrote: »
    But sure they are like €45 upwards madness. Go to Claires maybe sure they will never wear it again

You are right Milly, that's what i'll do. I agree bouncy castles etc are taking it too far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

You are right Milly, that's what i'll do. I agree bouncy castles etc are taking it too far

I wouldnt recommend a bouncy castle. We got one for my daughters communion and her stilettos and diamond tiara ended up bursting it. We had to pay a large fine, which obviously came out of her money......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

.red. wrote: »
    I wouldnt recommend a bouncy castle. We got one for my daughters communion and her stilettos and diamond tiara ended up bursting it. We had to pay a large fine, which obviously came out of her money......

Sorry, but lol. :eek:

Stilettos?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

.red. wrote: »

I'm gonna assume this was a joke... But not quite sure ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Ludo wrote: »
    I'm gonna assume this was a joke... But not quite sure ☺

Ha ha. Only the best for my little princess. The Joneses up the road had a 6 foot bouncy castle so obviously we had to get a 10 footer. The horse and cart to the church was a lovely touch tho.

Haha thank god you said it pwurple!! Oh man the more I think of it after spending half my time on the wedding forum last year that's what Communions have turned into..Mini weddings for little girls... Crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaryMD

These look really nice too http://www.azurejewellery.ie/communion-pieces/ but actually heading into Dunnes today so will definitetly take a look there. Is it just me or is it such an overly expensive day. Its not supposed to be, but things just add up so fast...its mad. I remember getting mine and everything has a hand-me-down!!

Their stuff is lovely alright. I ended up getting stuff in Dunnes last year. Marks also have lovely cheaper bits. Shop around!

Advertisement