Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering? Mechanic? What?

Options
  • 11-03-2016 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Im going sitting my Leaving Cert in June, and I dont know what course I should do after it?

I have signed up for CAO but have not put any courses down.

So about me, I am in ordinary level maths and should easily get a B1 or A2, I enjoy DCG and enjoy Engineering. I enjoy working with my hands and enjoy problem solving, in maths and in practical problems. I enjoy working with engines etc.

I was thinking of mechanical engineering but im not sure? Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

I know money isn't everything, but where I work there are mechanical engineers getting paid 35-40eur per hour, so it's a good income. These guys are primarily designing HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) systems for industrial buildings.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Engineering as a course would be less hands on than training as a mechanic would be. I know you only wrote a couple of sentences, but you sound more like you'd enjoy getting your hands dirty and fixing something rather than designing it.

Advertisement