Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC3 and DTS audio on media players

Options
  • 11-03-2016 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭

I'm on the hunt for a media player as it's a bit of a pain hooking up a laptop to my TV via the amp everytime I want to watch a movie from my networked NAS drive.
    Finding a media player that can connect to the network drive is not an issue however when looking at the supported audio codecs, I'm not seeing AC3 or DTS in the lists. AC3 6 channel audio is the bare minimum I can listen to but I'm wondering if I will have problems???

i was looking at the Sumvision Cyclone Android x4 plus 4k Media Player - looks great on paper. Excellent specs, 4K support, cheap too....sounds perfect.

Looking at audio speccs, it lists the following:
    Audio: WMA, OGG, WAV, FLAC, AAC, True HD, MP1, MP2, MP3, M4A, FLAC, APE, AMR, RAW, VORBIS

And:
    Audio: All your music including AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WMA formats.

Plenty of support for so many formats including FLAC but no mention of AC3 or DTS....is this normal for media players?

Advertisement