Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IVF & Fertility Support Group

Options
  • 11-03-2016 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi!

I write a blog which contains posts about my experience with ivf & infertilty. I was asked to write an article on the topic for The Journal and following that I was invited to speak about my experience on the ray darcy show and on a midlands radio station.
    Following that, I've received a huge response from women also going through these things. The general feeling is that there needs to be more support and somewhere people can go to talk about their own experience with it. With this in mind I've set up a group on Facebook where I'm hoping that people will feel comfortable and might find some support from other people going through the same thing. If you're interested in joining us just send me a PM with your email address and I'll add you.

It's a secret group, so only members can see it exists, see who else is a member, and see what posts are written. I hope people find it helpful.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

This sounds like a brilliant idea. Read your article in the Journal - well done, it was super. Will definitely have to listen back to Ray Darcy.

I would be nervous about seeing somebody I know in the group, but then they'd be there for the same reason, and I'm pretty open about stuff.

Another Q - presume it won't just be about IVF and will offer support regarding other routes people might be taking?

Going to PM you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Hi kkatlou!

Thank you! I'm so glad you liked the article. Yes, I did think that about people being nervous about being open, or finding someone they already know, and it can be scary, but as you say people will be there for the same reasons and it will not be visible to anybody outside of those members.

I've only just created it today and along with a friend of mine who is also going through the same thing, we will be able to invite only those who want to be there. So I hope that it will be a big source of support for whatever type of journey you're going through, whether it's IVF or whatever the route might be that you're on. There are so many levels to fertility and everybody's journey is so different.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CityGirl11

Hi,

I was diagnosed with PCOS last year after my periods stopped, I have just finished my 1st cycle of Clomid which didn't work . Even though I am not long TTC I find it all very stressful and upsetting. I think its a great idea to set up a support group. I know I would find it very helpful to talk to others in a similar situation and hear other's success stories.

Sorry genie us, Im new to boards so I don't know how to send you a PM-help!

Thanks

CityGirl11 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was diagnosed with PCOS last year after my periods stopped, I have just finished my 1st cycle of Clomid which didn't work . Even though I am not long TTC I find it all very stressful and upsetting. I think its a great idea to set up a support group. I know I would find it very helpful to talk to others in a similar situation and hear other's success stories.

Sorry genie us, Im new to boards so I don't know how to send you a PM-help!

Thanks

Hi CityGirl

I've just sent you a PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Will you PM me too please?

• Advertisement

lashes34 wrote: »
    Will you PM me too please?

PM Sent :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement