Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nibe fighter 1245 hotwater timer

• 11-03-2016 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I the pass few days i have noticed that my hot water is not heading at night.
    I have it set up as follows

Schedule 1
    mon 06:15 - 02.00 OFF
    Tues 06:15 - 02.00 OFF
    Wed 06:15 - 02.00 OFF
    Thurs 06:15 - 02.00 OFF
    Fri 06:15 - 02.00 OFF
    Sat 06:15 - 02.00 OFF
    Sun 06:15 - 02.00 OFF

So between 2am and 6.15am its free to heat that water.

As i said about It has worked with this Schedule for the past 4 years with out any issue.

If i take it out of the scheduled times the HP will heat the water no problem.
    It just when i tell the HP it can only heat it at night is doesnt want to.

There is no errors been logged either.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭soundskin

You most likely have no heating either and you don't know it yet.

Soft start probably gone. Wouldn't give an alarm if it is gone. Should be still covered under warranty.

Check INFO>Compressor INFO and if it says "Runs" you should hear your compressor running (double check brine in and out temps, in service info, if they are the same then your compressor isn't running)

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

Heating is working.
    Hot water is also working if i turn off the scheduler

Contacted Nibe support and they told me
    Some older machines that have not had software updates were prone
    to locking out on 29th feb as the leap year was not in older software
    So i will have a good at that first.

When i went into the date and time setting on the HP last night
    Date was 29 Feb
    Time was 00.03

I have set it to the correct time and the heating schedule started to work again last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭KCross

When i went into the date and time setting on the HP last night
    Date was 29 Feb
    Time was 00.03

I have set it to the correct time and the heating schedule started to work again last night.

You should probably update the firmware though. It might be next Feb or maybe it will be the next Leap year but it will probably happen to you again. The firmware updates are easy to apply and are free and according to their change logs they improve the efficiency of the system... dont expect major changes in electric costs but every little helps and they have added some fail safes for heating hot water etc etc.

I get the updates here:
    https://www.nibeuplink.com

I do it once a year. Latest update was put up there a few weeks ago.

Thanks KCross
    I was looking to get the system updated.
    I kept meaning to do it but Kept forgetting.
    Have just downloaded the updates and will do it tonight when i get home.

• Advertisement
Advertisement