Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ohms increasing?

Options
  • 11-03-2016 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

The coils in my eGrip normally read 1.5 ohms on the display, but the current one has gone up to 1.6 earlier today and now it's 1.7

Does this mean the coil is on the way out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Usually yes, and sometimes if you change liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Same liquid, and the coil is nearly 2 weeks old, so time for a change, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

If it's still working alright and giving a nice vape I wouldn't change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

It went to a burny taste straight after my last post. Ah well, I was thinking of changing flavour anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

It happens more often with DIY coils on RTA or attys, if the coils touch the posts or the outer cover the ohms will jump around. Could be a loose coil in the tank? Did it get a knock or fall? If it' burning, then it's firing above what it should because you are setting it to what you see on screen. New coil needed maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Quite common on RBA coils but if it's a prebuild that is 2 weeks old it's time to ditch it

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

If it's an RBA it could be a loose screw. It can just change by itself but it's rare I'd see that much of a move. Mine TFV 6 coil bounces from 0.22 to 0.21 ohms but never more than 0.01.

Advertisement