Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethernet / Wifi

Options
  • 11-03-2016 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭

I have connected my modem/router to my PC with an ethernet cable & I have a wifi connection between the PC, phone & chromecast. Can I assume that my PC will always use the cable rather than wifi to connect to the router. Do I have to set it as a priority or will it do it automatically ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Discodog wrote: »
    I have connected my modem/router to my PC with an ethernet cable & I have a wifi connection between the PC, phone & chromecast. Can I assume that my PC will always use the cable rather than wifi to connect to the router. Do I have to set it as a priority or will it do it automatically ?

Thanks

It'll automatically use Ethernet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Assuming you are using Windows, it is possible to change the priority and allow wifi to be the first preference. This is generally not advisable as wired normally trumps wifi.

Advertisement