Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai ix35 Executive trim...

• 11-03-2016 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Test drove two Hyundai ix35s last week with my wife. Both were on sale from different garages and both were being sold as Executive trim.

One was a 2013 model, the other is a 2015 (now replaced by Tuscon).

Just wondering if there was a facelift for the car in 2014 as the 2013 and 2015 Executive trim models were different.

The 2015 had rear heated leather seats and dual zone climate control while the 2013 had neither of these. Also 2015 has indicators on the mirrors while 2013 had not.

Just wondering whether one garage was trying to con people or whether there was a facelift.

Also, we have previously owned a Qashqai (a few years back). Much difference between the two? All opinions welcome as it'll be a few weeks before we buy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes they got a facelift in early 2014 and the Executive got better equipment afaik.

Facelifted model gained redesigned rear led lights, front led DRL lights and new grill. Interior got minor changes too including centre console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

bazz26 wrote: »
    Yes they got a facelift in early 2014 and the Executive got better equipment afaik.

Facelifted model gained redesigned rear led lights, front led DRL lights and new grill. Interior got minor changes too including centre console.

Yes, now that you mention it, even on approaching the 2013 car I thought to myself that there was something different about how it looked. Thanks. That clears that up :)

I was genuinely surprised at how much I liked it to drive. Crossovers are okay to a point but I'd rather an estate any day. Must be getting old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have a look at the Kia Sportage too, it's the sister car of the ix35 and mechanically identical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

My local Kia dealer has tonnes of used Sportages now that the new one is out. Def consider one as there should still be a few years warranty left. Visually, they're a lot better proportioned than the ix35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

As bazz26 has said plus the alloys were different for the exec model from 2014 on, if the mirrors don't have the indicators built in then it may be a comfort or comfort plus model.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    Have a look at the Kia Sportage too, it's the sister car of the ix35 and mechanically identical.
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    My local Kia dealer has tonnes of used Sportages now that the new one is out. Def consider one as there should still be a few years warranty left. Visually, they're a lot better proportioned than the ix35.

Thanks lads. We're considering both. I already own a Kia Cee'd and like it a lot, mainly because it's the estate version :). The Hyundai 5 yr warranty is unlimited mileage but the Kia 7 year warranty is limited to 150k Km, whichever comes first. We could end up doing quite a bit of mileage (kilomeratage?? :)) in this car so feel the Hydundai may just edge out the Kia here.

Both our cars are A to B cars, not meant to be exciting to drive or anything so we're happy with either Kia or Hyundai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

What kind of prices were the 2013 and 2015 ix35's you test drove?

I'm asking because we are going to trade in our 2014 ix35 for a new Tucson shortly, ours is the base model with 40k kms.

soldsold wrote: »
    What kind of prices were the 2013 and 2015 ix35's you test drove?

I'm asking because we are going to trade in our 2014 ix35 for a new Tucson shortly, ours is the base model with 40k kms.

Sale price on the 2013 was 21k, 2015 was 25k. We would bargain that down though and even then the dealer would (rightfully) make a healthy profit. So if you were using in, don't expect that price:)

Advertisement