Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new thread

Options
  • 11-03-2016 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

i started thread recently and was chatting to someone,then i got email saying someone else joined in,now i cant view all of my thread why is that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi there

Did you PM the mods of that forum to ask them what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 hairy man

that i did not!what is the mod

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Ah cool.
    There are 4 there right now
    Mods: Cass; It wasn't me!; Sparks; Vegeta

Easiest thing to do is just PM them all with a link to the thread you posted in and ask if there was a reason you're not aware of why your posts were removed.
    Suggest though before you do that you read the charter there as it usually holds the reason for pretty much all mod action including deleting posts.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Hello Hairyman.

I'm Cass, one of the Moderators mentioned above, and i can help you.

You started a thread in the For Sale section of the Shooting forum. Each forum has it's own rules and the for sale section is no exception. It is important that every poster read and understand the rules before posting to avoid just this type of confusion.

You posted a "Wanted" thread. Meaning you were searching for a specific item. You received a reply from another poster, and over the course of the next couple of posts you deemed the distance to travel too far. All this is fine.

The problem arose when a third joined in and the wanted advert became a discussion thread on breeds of Dogs. Then the first person to respond joined in the discussion. Rule #13 prohibits this discussion in the for sale section. It's a simple case of keeping the noise to signal ratio at a minimum. By that i mean all posts will be offers for the item being sought.

You are more than free, and we encourage you, to start a new tread in the Hunting section where you may discuss the pros and cons of various breeds with others. However the For Sale section is not the place for that. You may, however, keep the Wanted advert running concurrently with your discussion thread in the hunting forum so you don't miss out on an offer of the item you are seeking.

Should you need help understanding any thing else please feel free to contact myself or any of the other forum Mods. If you need help performing any task you may also contact any of us for assistance and we'll be happy to help.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 18 hairy man

thanks very much for that advise,i understand what your saying!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement