Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best swimming pool?

• 11-03-2016 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

Currently a member at the Maldron in Roxboro... It's okay but very crowded. Has anyone a recommendation for a members-only pool in Limerick? I used to to UL but the changing rooms are a bit yokky!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

boomerang wrote: »
    Currently a member at the Maldron in Roxboro... It's okay but very crowded. Has anyone a recommendation for a members-only pool in Limerick? I used to to UL but the changing rooms are a bit yokky!

What's the maldron gym like? Is it still grubby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I couldn't tell ya, I only use the pool. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

What's the maldron gym like? Is it still grubby?

It could do with a bit of an update alright, mind you, so could some of the staff :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It could do with a bit of an update alright, mind you, so could some of the staff :rolleyes:

It's the closest gym to my house but the last time I was a member it was filthy and the equipment was in a bad state. Wouldn't mind joining again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

It's the closest gym to my house but the last time I was a member it was filthy and the equipment was in a bad state. Wouldn't mind joining again.

I wouldn't say it's filthy but it's definitely dated and could do with a bit of sorting out. The majority of the machines are okay, but they do need to replace/repair a few of them. If you negotiate with certain staff members you may get a better deal than is advertised, especially when you were a member before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭1moreyr

Currently a member of the Maldron and while staff and all are nice it is a bit grubby (have only used the pool). Doesn't help that when I parked outside the front (instead of going to the underground carpark) we had a gang of kids hurl rocks at us for no reason when we were getting into the car. My daughter narrowly missed being hit. Little ****es

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I say The Strand probably has the best pool in Limerick. It is probably the priciest pool in limerick but is always clean, well maintained etc.

Out of interest, Apart from UL, is there any public pool in the city?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

panda100 wrote: »
    I say The Strand probably has the best pool in Limerick. It is probably the priciest pool in limerick but is always clean, well maintained etc.

Out of interest, Apart from UL, is there any public pool in the city?

Mentioned this before Limerick city of sport sporting capitial etc has no public pools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

panda100 wrote: »
    What's pricey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

UL is kind of dirty. They do their best but its so busy its impossible to keep it clean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Parchment wrote: »
    UL is kind of dirty. They do their best but its so busy its impossible to keep it clean.
    Yeah bloody students.

Advertisement