Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Roadblock Network Special Thread

• 11-03-2016 11:11pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Figured this probably needs its own topic.

Card as follows...

NXT Tag Team Championship: The Revival vs. Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady

WWE Tag Team Championship: The New Day vs. The League of Nations

Brock Lesnar vs. Bray Wyatt

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H vs. Dean Ambrose

Sure there'll be more matches on the night. Maybe eve an angle or two to set up more Mania matches.

WWE.com has announced that if Dean wins (hahahahaha), then his match vs Brock will be a title match.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The booking of the HHH/Ambrose match interests me. HHH winning is a lock. The question is how. Does he put himself over Ambrose clean?

I could see him arguing that he needs to beat Ambrose clean in order to make Reigns's task seem that bit harder. There's a certain case to be made for that. Problem is Ambrose is taking on Lesnar and so if he suffers another loss here then there is no great sense of jeopardy involving that match. In fact a clean loss for Ambrose could hurt that match a lot.

My feeling is if their plan is for Ambrose to beat Lesnar at Mania - and I really, really hope that is not their plan - then Ambrose losing clean is okay. Because a win over Lesnar would more than make up for that.

If the plan is that Lesnar beats Ambrose at Mania then I would hope they take some steps to protect Ambrose to some extent with the finish vs HHH. A low blow, a ref bump, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So who are the heels and faces in that New Day/LON match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The League Of Nations are the heels and The New Day are the faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Be some craic (zero chance) if Bray and Ambrose go over.

I doubt that would happen but it would be cool to see The Wyatt Family actually look dominant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is this tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

An File wrote: »
    Is this tonight?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Always nice to have a Saturday night/Sunday morning wrestling event live on the network. Finished work in time too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So who are the heels and faces in that New Day/LON match?

Hmmm. That's a toughie! Both are comedy heel factions. I'd say New Day as they're more cemented and over than the other guys.
    (It's sad to think of Sheamus, Barrett, Rusev & Del Rio - who pushed right should be interrim world champions are now in a go-nowhere comedy heel faction)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The booking of the HHH/Ambrose match interests me. HHH winning is a lock. The question is how. Does he put himself over Ambrose clean?

My guess...

Ambrose has Hunter beat. Brock interferes, and Ambrose wins by DQ. Brock and HHH start beating Ambrose down. Reigns makes his return to save Ambrose, show ends with the two good guys in the ring as the two heels stand outside retreating.

• Advertisement

Hope they start putting some more effort into these network specials.

The MSG one was nothing but a televised house show. Wonder will this be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They seem to be making a bit of an effort in putting matches together for this at least. I'll tune in later anyway if I don't fall asleep beforehand which is always a possibility!

Charlotte vs Nattie added to the show.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Is that for the title?

Angron wrote: »
    Is that for the title?

Don't think so

Imagine so, but its all based on...

https://twitter.com/MsCharlotteWWE/status/708489700374347776?s=09

Headed to Toronto... Tomorrow my career will come full circle against @NatbyNature #WWERoadblock

One thing I love about these "Network Specials" is how we get matches we probably wouldn't get easily elsewhere.

Nattie is the old hand of the Divas division now. Great to have around. She and Becky are close from their indie days seemingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

1am start guys?

Yeah 1 a.m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since this has been promoted on the weekly shows better than the previous specials, do you think something of significance could actually happen here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Since this has been promoted on the weekly shows better than the previous specials, do you think something of significance could actually happen here?

I don't think so. HHH/Ambrose will obviously end in some form of shenanigans. Will still give it a watch though.

I really can't see it. I think they should though to get people interested in them. They feel like the UK exclusive PPVs at the moment but at least they even had proper stages to make it feel bigger. The MSG garden one even had the house show entrance way.

The MSG garden one even had the house show entrance way.

It didn't it had a scaled down version of the raw set. The old entrance was removed with the MSG renovations.

Heading to bed now and won't get to see this until tomorrow night. Enjoy it whoever's up late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Anyone watching this live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Byron saxton is such a jabroni

I am new day out early doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

God I love the new day

Byron I do not

BootyOs ftw. Magic stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was Kofi just humping that box of BootyO's?

Advertisement