Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Roadblock Network Special Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

HHH is being babyfaced big time in this match so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I wonder how many interfere later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The pace of this match is just awful, imagine how much worse it'll be with Reigns in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There's the shenanigans.

Well that was the last thing I expected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

LeeJM wrote: »
    Well that was the last thing I expected

Yeah didn't expect that lol.title match at Mania is looking quite meh now (thanks Kane lol)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That was just bad.

I thought it was a good match. Didnt like the finish though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I thought it was a good match. Didnt like the finish though

That's what I meant. It was just such a clumsy attempt at a screwy finish.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

By and large, I really dislike endings that make faces look like idiots, and that happens a lot to Ambrose. On this show, is own lack of ring awareness (supposedly) cost himself the title. And when it was pointed out to him his foot was (supposedly) under the rope, what did he do? Flip over and go for the pin quickly again while HHH was down? Nope! Stand about for a solid minute, and then puts himself through the announce table.

Other than that though, I did think it was a good match. I liked that HHH did not kick out of Dirty Deeds, and the story coming out of the show will be Ambrose had it 99% won. I think Ambrose comes out of the match looking better than he went into it. They'll push him as a top guy, though the Mania situation is set in stone at this stage, imo.

Other than that, it was a typical house show really, but it doesn't advertise itself as much more than that. Can't really rate it like a PPV.

Oh, other observation. At one stage, we cut to "Earlier today..." and see Charlotte confront Nattie. Charlotte, apparently, walks around in her wrestling gear all day before I show, I guess, cause she was decked out and ready to fight. What I thought made it funnier was that, when she came out for her match, she had changed into new gear, meaning the wrestling gear she was wearing when confronting Nattie was just her pre-show outfit! Guess she really likes her in-ring clothes, to the extent its all she wears :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I love Cody. He just gets it and knows exactly what his role is.

Not seeing it at all. He took super hot Sami Zayn in Canada(!) and managed to have a complete snore-fest with him. Live crowd died in front of our very eyes. Cody's gimmick 's awful and he's just so damn bland in ring, terrible opponent to put Zayn with.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Thought Stardust/Zayn was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Thought Stardust/Zayn was fantastic.

That's a bit of an anomaly. "Fantastic?" What would you have given it star wise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When is the last time that rule was used? People being pinned get their legs/arms under the ropes all the time but I can't remember an incident where the pinner has their pin broken up because their legs are under the ropes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »
    When is the last time that rule was used? People being pinned get their legs/arms under the ropes all the time but I can't remember an incident where the pinner has their pin broken up because their legs are under the ropes.

You see it usually where the ref will tell them to move before he starts the pin, usually in that "Refs are told to act as if its a shoot and stick to the rules" side of things. Usually, it's just during nearfalls where the wrestlers aren't paying attention to the ropes; most finishes happen dead center of the ring, unless there's a top rope move involved. Its usually followed by the wrestler swearing at the ref and re-positioning instantly to go for the pin.

Cant think of many matches where such a rule played into the finish though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I noticed they didn't show the replay of the pin right away, probably because Ambrose didn't look like he was under the rope, which may be used to continue the story. Seemed the ref was on HHH's side, especially considering he had his feet on the rope in plain view of the ref.

Oh and they'd better ban Ric from ringside for the women's match at Mania or he'll just ruin it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Queation- When someone wins the watch by holding someone's tights, foot on the ropes etc as the Match is televised and its so blatant they cheated why can't the result be reversed ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I noticed they didn't show the replay of the pin right away, probably because Ambrose didn't look like he was under the rope, which may be used to continue the story. Seemed the ref was on HHH's side, especially considering he had his feet on the rope in plain view of the ref.

Oh and they'd better ban Ric from ringside for the women's match at Mania or he'll just ruin it

I honestly enjoy with Ric brings to his daughter's heel persona because he comes off as this over-involved 'Soccer dad'. It gives Charlotte an extra dimension. If he gets his comeuppance at WM, then his involvement in the match won't be a negative.

If Charlotte turns face, though, Ric should be dropped because he needn't be there to help his daughter. Being a heel, needing help works. Not so much as a face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Something similar actually happened recently enough where someone in a submission crawled over, got their hand under the rope and the referee broke it. Think it was a women's match so possibly Charlotte or Paige. The only reason I even remember it is because I didn't realise that was the rule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Queation- When someone wins the watch by holding someone's tights, foot on the ropes etc as the Match is televised and its so blatant they cheated why can't the result be reversed ??

It's wresting. :pac:

On another note replays clearly show footballers faking injury CONSTANTLY and that never factors in at all in a supposedly legitimate sport, so yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

That match between Lesnar and Bray/Luke was terrible. Luke got squashed and Bray ran to the back like a pansy without ever having gotten involved. Way to build up the Wyatt family.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

That's a bit of an anomaly. "Fantastic?" What would you have given it star wise?

Fantastic, relatively to rest of the card, would have given NXT tag match same.

Thought it was a fun match that kept moving quickly whereas a lot of the others were plodding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

On the smackdown with aj/y2j it was used

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Did anyone see the sign in the crowd just before the main event. "When it Reigns it bores" the camera quickly panned away from it. I love the Canadians wit.

Also New Day are just amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

JBL was saying nice things about hogan during zayn v stardust. Start of the long return?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

I'm sure I'm not the only ones who find the Wyatt's incredibly boring. They have and are booked horribly.

The Wyatt's will only work when people believe in their promos and the family become powerful and have a fear factor about them,until then things will just carry on as it is.

Having people constantly go over them just makes them a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bret Hart wrote: »
    I'm sure I'm not the only ones who find the Wyatt's incredibly boring. They have and are booked horribly.

The Wyatt's will only work when people believe in their promos and the family become powerful and have a fear factor about them,until then things will just carry on as it is.

Having people constantly go over them just makes them a joke at this stage.

50% of the faction are below-par in the ring. Even the League of Nations are all good in the ring. I think Bray works better with the family behind him than he did on his own, but they're not getting the big push for a reason IMO. Particularly when everyone is in good health there is a good few people ahead of Bray in the queue for that brass ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Watched it this morning, Main event was good apart from the ambrose pin, his foot didnt look under the rope.

Lesnar v Wyatt was a massive let down, i expected a lot more, especially after Bray stared down tripper on monday, i think the booking of them is terrible, they need to be more vicious and ruthless, who beat everybody down, until that happens, they're not going anywhere.

The rest was what it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

PTH2009 wrote: »

Replays not affecting decisions is A Thing (except when the storyline requires it not to be). JBL mentioned it this past Raw, I believe. And referee's decision is final (except when the storyline requires it not to be).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

It's wresting. :pac:

On another note replays clearly show footballers faking injury CONSTANTLY and that never factors in at all in a supposedly legitimate sport, so yeah.

Some of the logic gaps are ridiculous but it's a pro wrestling. Some people expect way too much from a formula that is ridiculous in itself.

It's like trying to find logic in an action film.

Wade Keller is the worst for this. Wrestling is Wrestling. Current WWE take the joke too far but it has never made sense.

Advertisement