Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Boards.ie Mock Draft - Interest & Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭The Bogman

Just a word of warning,I'm out of the country from tomorrow (Thursday) til next Friday so if ye'd rather find an extra body to take my place that's OK. I have no problem with doing the writeup etc but can't guarantee I'll have internet access when my turn comes around. And I know from past years it can be annoying when you've to wait for ages for picks to come in.
    Maybe if I'm left in and when my team is on the clock,if I don't have it up in say 6 hours someone else can do it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

We're still 2 short of the 31 required to start round one. Knex, you've got Baby and Crumble on the list twice mate. :D Once we get the 2 in, I'll get everything set up and we can start then straight away. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Colohall

Just checking in with ye, I'm who gufc roped in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Seeing as ye still need a few more bodies, I'll join.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Yeah why not, I'll help out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭tripperman

How many is there now?? the rg3 signing makes the browns pick very interesting to watch now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That's the 32 :)

And we're off! :D

We have the 32 so while based on earlier comments I'm unsure if we'll have enough interest in the full 2 rounds, I've put together the list to incorporate 2 rounds. We can re-assess after round 1 before we go ahead with the 2nd round anyway.

I generated the list on Random.org, and the unfortunate poster to miss out on a first round pick due to the Patriots not having their selection is 'gufc21'. Sorry mate.

The first round is as follows:

1) Titans - glued
    2) Browns - ScummyMan
    3) Chargers - Realt Dearg Sec
    4) Cowboys - Morisseee
    5) Jaguars - brinty
    6) Ravens - HigginsJ
    7) 49ers - Tripperman
    8) Eagles - OAOB
    9) Buccaneers - DDC1990
    10) Giants - SameOleJay
    11) Bears - baby and crumble
    12) Saints - phatkev
    13) Dolphins - coco1981
    14) Raiders - Alfred Borden
    15) Rams - Figsy32
    16) Lions - TaosHum
    17) Falcons - JCTO
    18) Colts - Pudsy33
    19) Bills - Paully D
    20) Jets - JaMarcusHustle
    21) Redskins - adrian522
    22) Texans - The Bogman
    23) Vikings - nasty_crash
    24) Bengals - Lionbacker
    25) Steelers - Tippex
    26) Seahawks - kennyb3
    27) Packers - Knex
    28) Chiefs - Gerard3003
    29) Cardinals - Colohall
    30) Panthers - Bryce Icy Kindle
    31) Broncos - frostie500

The potential second round is as follows:

32) Browns - ScummyMan
    33) Titans - frostie500
    34) Cowboys - nasty_crash
    35) Chargers - glued
    36) Ravens - JCTO
    37) 49ers - Paully D
    38) Jaguars - The Bogman
    39) Buccaneers - Alfred Borden
    40) Giants - OAOB
    41) Bears - Pudsy33
    42) Dolphins - Lionbacker
    43) Rams - TaosHum
    44) Raiders - Realt Dearg Sec
    45) Rams - adrian522
    46) Lions - Knex
    47) Saints - kennyb3
    48) Colts - Figsy32
    49) Bills - Bryce Icy Kindle
    50) Falcons - colohall
    51) Jets - Tippex
    52) Texans - Morisseee
    53) Redskins - HigginsJ
    54) Vikings - coco1981
    55) Bengals - brinty
    56) Seahawks - baby and crumble
    57) Packers - JaMarcusHustle
    58) Steelers - SameOleJay
    59) Chiefs - phatkev
    60) Patriots - Gerard3003
    61) Patriots - gufc21
    62) Panthers - tripperman
    63) Broncos - DDC1990

In a cruel twist of faith, gufc21 draws the Patriots in the 2nd round after they knock him out of having a 1st round pick. :pac: Bogman, I know you're away for a week but I'll leave you in as there's no way on earth we'll get to #22 before you're back. :)

Okay, I'll paste the draft order into a new selection thread and we can get the ball rolling. A warm welcome to the new lads. I hope you enjoy it and may even become forum regulars. :)

Enjoy all! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I get to pick for my Buccaneers. Also get the last pick of the boards draft. Interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

I'm going to post the pick and put up my reasoning in the morning if that's ok?

glued wrote: »
    I'm going to post the pick and put up my reasoning in the morning if that's ok?

Absolutely. :)

Cheers paully for doing this, now off to learn about the 49ers for my first pick,

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Colohall

Unfortunately because I don't have enough previous posts on Boards, I won't be able to glamourise my selection with a photo. Damn spammers ruining everyone's fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Jaguars in round one
    One pick after my cowboys
    Hmmmm I know who the consensus pick for them is
    Better swat up on my Bengals knowledge

PS fair play Paully I hope to be a regular contributor in the football boards from now on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Ah the Jets. Always thought they were lacking in the long snapper department last year. 20th overall pick should help me address that. Thanks Paully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Bears and Seahawks.

I can't believe I have to pretend I care about making either of them better to beat The Pack! :p

Have a fair idea as to the direction I'll go for the Packers, but definitely have to read up a bit for the Lions in round 2.

I know they have some big players hitting FA next year, which they may account for, but there's an immediate need at WR and so on too. I just know virtually nothing about the WR class :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Get Vikings in the first round - could be an interesting pick as they have good depth all over the field! Could be interesting with my second Round Cowboys pick.... could be time to think about life after romo

Two Browns picks, this should be fun :D

ScummyMan wrote: »

Inflict the sadness!

• Advertisement

Sure take two quarterbacks

Get Vikings in the first round - could be an interesting pick as they have good depth all over the field! Could be interesting with my second Round Cowboys pick.... could be time to think about life after romo

Unless Lynch passes the Bronco's Cowboys won't take a QB, but might be funny to see how it works on our draft ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

No qb for browns at #2 - could shake up the whole draft if it happens

Nice pick for the browns there, interesting to see who the chargers gm are thinking of now with Ramsey and tunsil both gone

No qb for browns at #2 - could shake up the whole draft if it happens

I just don't see RGIII taking that kind of deal if they are going to take a QB that early. I could see something like Lynch in the second to sit for a year.

And also going away from the consensus makes the rest of this mock very interesting :D

Guys not the greatest at inserting pics, gifs and video's etc...
    if anyone can help me out with a quick tutorial would be much appreciated ;)

brinty wrote: »

For images/gifs, just do the following:

[img]Put your image URL here[/img]

For youtube videos, do the following:

Get your YouTube link, i.e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU99MYTsEcA

Copy and paste the part in bold (that comes immediately after the equals symbol) and do the following:

[youtube]KU99MYTsEcA[/youtube]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭Guffy

brinty wrote: »

Easiest way to do it is to quote another post and just replace the existing pics etc with your own.

God dam cheating Patriots

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

tripperman wrote: »
    Cheers paully for doing this, now off to learn about the 49ers for my first pick,

The main areas to focus on will be...

Quarterback, guard, right tackle, wide receiver, tight end, running back, defensive line, outside line backer, inside linebacker, corner back.

Apart from that the roster is pretty set.

adrian522 wrote: »
    The main areas to focus on will be...

Quarterback, guard, right tackle, wide receiver, tight end, running back, defensive line, outside line backer, inside linebacker, corner back.

Apart from that the roster is pretty set.

Yeah I done research on the 49ers last night and seen alot of places to go with this pick, have 3 guys in mind for it, so see how it goes ahead of my pick, any move by the cowboys yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

If anyone feels like they'd be too busy I can swap, otherwise I'm just interested to see what people pick! Only really gotten into the NFL this year and can't wait for the new season to start :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yeah I done research on the 49ers last night and seen alot of places to go with this pick, have 3 guys in mind for it, so see how it goes ahead of my pick, any move by the cowboys yet

I sent morrisseee a PM after I picked (really regretting not picking Buckner the more I look at him on YouTube etc, but whatever, pick is in now). Dunno if he's been online lately though.

I sent morrisseee a PM after I picked (really regretting not picking Buckner the more I look at him on YouTube etc, but whatever, pick is in now). Dunno if he's been online lately though.

I'm waiting on morisseeeee too
    As a cowboys fan
    And the jaguars GM

I just hope he doesn't take my pick or I'm back to the drawing board

Morrisseeee hasn't been online since the 22nd. I know it's Easter weekend so people are going to be away and attending to real life stuff, so I don't want to skip over people too quickly considering that. I'll wait until Monday before offering the pick to someone else.

A couple of people have expressed an interest in taking part that just missed out on signing up initially, so if the pick hasn't been made before Monday we'll move on.

Reserve list:

1) madalig12
    2) LFC CONNAUGHTON

Paully D wrote: »
    Morrisseeee hasn't been online since the 22nd. I know it's Easter weekend so people are going to be away and attending to real life stuff, so I don't want to skip over people too quickly considering that. I'll wait until Monday before offering the pick to someone else.

A couple of people have expressed an interest in taking part that just missed out on signing up initially, so if the pick hasn't been made before Monday we'll move on.

Reserve list:

1) madalig12
    2) LFC CONNAUGHTON

Would i not get first crack at a 1st round pick?

gufc21 wrote: »
    Would i not get first crack at a 1st round pick?

You would of course mate, apologies.

1) gufc21
    2) madalig12
    3) LFC CONNAUGHTON

As a chargers fan I'm not that big on bosa, would prefer Buckner as I see him more of a scheme fit, more upside then bosa imo and locker room fit with the existing personalities thats there, but you made good points for bosa you felt more comfortable with picking him, he is a great talent no doubt about that his first step and reading of a play is unreal, just the jj watt comparisons concern me as to much hype and pressure to early could make him crumble and be a bust imo

As a chargers fan I'm not that big on bosa, would prefer Buckner as I see him more of a scheme fit, more upside then bosa imo and locker room fit with the existing personalities thats there, but you made good points for bosa you felt more comfortable with picking him, he is a great talent no doubt about that his first step and reading of a play is unreal, just the jj watt comparisons concern me as to much hype and pressure to early could make him crumble and be a bust imo

Yeah he's not JJ watt. Like I say I was between the two of them for ages and basically went for bosa because ive seen him play more often and because your GM had addressed the question of his fit (possibly bring deliberately evasive about his selections but anyway) to my satisfaction. But if I was picking again I'd go with buckner. That said I don't think bosa is at all a bad pick, probably has more upside but he's a little riskier for the reasons you mention. Buckner seems safer. But where's the craic in that?

I would pick Bosa over anybody in this draft. Outside of Suh, Clowney and to an extent Mathieu, I can't think of a more dominant defensive player in college football in the past 5/6 years. So I think you made the right pick :)

• Advertisement

I agree with that Bosa pick at #3 too. Tunsil and Ramsey are probably the only two players I'd pick ahead of him if I'm the Chargers. With both off the board, I'd have gone with Bosa.

Yeah he's not JJ watt. Like I say I was between the two of them for ages and basically went for bosa because ive seen him play more often and because your GM had addressed the question of his fit (possibly bring deliberately evasive about his selections but anyway) to my satisfaction. But if I was picking again I'd go with buckner. That said I don't think bosa is at all a bad pick, probably has more upside but he's a little riskier for the reasons you mention. Buckner seems safer. But where's the craic in that?

It's a good pick agree with that and does add to the defence with his talent and he will improve most defences in the nfl, i just have them slight concerns about him and adds another layer of interest to the mock draft, where will Buckner fall to along with Jack and wentz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Broncos and Titans for me...a good mix of haves and have nots...sorry Heli! :D

Okay guys, it has been almost exactly 72 hours since the last pick. I know it's Easter weekend so it's unfortunate, but I think it's fair enough to move on at this stage.

If we kept going at this rate (3 picks every 4 days) the real life draft would be completely over before we got our 1st round done :pac: so we need to push on.

I've PM'd gufc21 who initially missed out as the Patriots 1st round pick, to take over the Cowboys.

Morrisseeee, apologies, but I'll gladly put you back on the reserve list if you want as I'm sure we'll end up running right through the list before all is said and done.

That's a fair call paullyD
    Now I hope guff doesn't ruin my pick
    I might be out for an hour or two but I'll post my pick asap

I'd imagine both the Jaguars and the Ravens picks are relatively straight forward, depending on what the Cowboys do of course. I'm very interested in what the 49ers GM is thinking, if no QBs are taken by the time he picks.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine both the Jaguars and the Ravens picks are relatively straight forward, depending on what the Cowboys do of course. I'm very interested in what the 49ers GM is thinking, if no QBs are taken by the time he picks.

Qb wentz gone now, so I hope jaguars don't take who I'm thinking, I have looked at numerous players for different positions

Interesting selection, could see it coming to pass if the chips were to fall that way on the night.

Interesting selection, could see it coming to pass if the chips were to fall that way on the night.

I honestly think that even if they did, they would still try to trade out and make a play for lynch

gufc21 wrote: »
    I honestly think that even if they did, they would still try to trade out and make a play for lynch

Cowboys really like Lynch, per Matt Miller:
    According to sources close to quarterback Paxton Lynch, the Memphis star worked out for the Dallas Cowboys this week and met with team owner Jerry Jones, his son Stephen and director of player personnel Will McClay. Said the source, “Paxton is very much in the mix for [Dallas].”

If I personally had to pick a QB early it would be Goff.

Paully D wrote: »
    Cowboys really like Lynch, per Matt Miller:

Ya i can see that. I think they want a good qb to develop someone they can actually sit behind romo for a year or two but be able to come in to cover injury. I think thats why they made the move for alf, it takes the pressure to draft elliot away and opens things up for a team to overpay for a franchise qb

• Advertisement
Advertisement