Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oyster card question

Options
  • 12-03-2016 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭

I'm travelling to London next month and was going to order a visitor oyster card online, from what I can see it's going to cost me €30.60 in total for my travel around London so was going to get £30 rather than £40 but if I do that will I be able to top up the extra 60p easily enough over there or would I be better off getting £40 before I travel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Get £40 just for convenience — you never know when you might want to get on a random bus or train, plus you can hang on to the credit for next time you or someone else wants to use the card.

It's easy to top up though - all Tube stations, and most newsagents in London allow you to top up there.

Easy enough to top-up OP. Abundance of machines at every station, plus every second corner shop has one too. Cash or card. I regularly go to my local for a newspaper and a carton of milk. Pay two quid and tell the guy to put the change on my oyster.

Even if you overdraw by a bit, the card will still allow you to exit the station. It will just give you a negative balance of "minus a pound" or whatever that you have to pay back on your next top-up before you can use the same oyster again.

Advertisement