Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAN Locked and can't transfer account

Options
  • 12-03-2016 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hello,

I had attempted to contact Eir via phone today but your call center appears closed and the online systems are not available either. I sent in an email request and the return message stated they may get back to me in 5 working days but are pretty busy so it may take longer!

Anyway due to the price increase I requested to be released from my contract. After a sales pitch on the phone I was told that it would not be a problem and to contact the other supplier to transfer the account away. The next day I attempted this but was told by the other supplier that the UAN was locked by Eir and so couldn't be transferred.

I then received a letter in the post dated the 24th Feb 2016 from Eir about switching. In bold text in the middle of the letter it states : "Your 30 day notice period to switch provider will be complete on 24/02/2016" - the same date as the letter was dated. I am assuming this is a mistake?

I decided to wait a while to allow the UAN to be unlocked and yesterday I again rang the other supplier and was told that the UAN was still locked! I was told that this was common practice by Eir?

I would request that Eir actually allow me to move away from their services as has been agreed or do I need to waste time and start make complaints?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Twelve Bar Blues

My understanding of the number porting process is that the request to transfer from your new provider can be declined by Eir if there is a pending action/order on your Eir account -
    Did you submit a cancellation request of your Eir account to Eir?
    Is there an outstanding balance on your Eir account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

squishey wrote: »
    Hello,

I had attempted to contact Eir via phone today but your call center appears closed and the online systems are not available either. I sent in an email request and the return message stated they may get back to me in 5 working days but are pretty busy so it may take longer!

Anyway due to the price increase I requested to be released from my contract. After a sales pitch on the phone I was told that it would not be a problem and to contact the other supplier to transfer the account away. The next day I attempted this but was told by the other supplier that the UAN was locked by Eir and so couldn't be transferred.

I then received a letter in the post dated the 24th Feb 2016 from Eir about switching. In bold text in the middle of the letter it states : "Your 30 day notice period to switch provider will be complete on 24/02/2016" - the same date as the letter was dated. I am assuming this is a mistake?

I decided to wait a while to allow the UAN to be unlocked and yesterday I again rang the other supplier and was told that the UAN was still locked! I was told that this was common practice by Eir?

I would request that Eir actually allow me to move away from their services as has been agreed or do I need to waste time and start make complaints?

Regards
    Hi squishey, 

There is a 30 day notice period so the cancellation would be processed 30 days after the date on the letter. 

We wouldn't have any locks on accounts. If there is a pending order or accounts issues on the account it can prevent this from moving. 

Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll check this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭squishey

Hello,

Regards
    Hi squishey, 

There is a 30 day notice period so the cancellation would be processed 30 days after the date on the letter. 

We wouldn't have any locks on accounts. If there is a pending order or accounts issues on the account it can prevent this from moving. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Tracey I sent you my account number via PM.

If there is a 30 day notice after the date on the letter then surely instead of the line reading "Your 30 day notice period to switch provider will be complete on 24/02/2016" it should state "Your 30 day notice period to switch provider will commence on 24/02/2016"?

My Eir account is in good standing and has only just ran out of being in credit in the Feb bill, there are no pending orders on the account (at least ones that I would have requested) apart from the withdrawal from contract that I had requested by phoning 1800 303 605 after receiving the email about the price increase.

Will be interested to hear what is causing the issue to stop the line from being moved. From reading the other threads I am hoping the explanation given is more than 'a technical issue with our systems'!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hello,

Regards
    Hi squishey, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Tracey I sent you my account number via PM.

If there is a 30 day notice after the date on the letter then surely instead of the line reading "Your 30 day notice period to switch provider will be complete on 24/02/2016" it should state "Your 30 day notice period to switch provider will commence on 24/02/2016"?

My Eir account is in good standing and has only just ran out of being in credit in the Feb bill, there are no pending orders on the account (at least ones that I would have requested) apart from the withdrawal from contract that I had requested by phoning 1800 303 605 after receiving the email about the price increase.

Will be interested to hear what is causing the issue to stop the line from being moved. From reading the other threads I am hoping the explanation given is more than 'a technical issue with our systems'!

Cheers
    Thanks for those details.

I'll come back to you soon through PM's

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭squishey

Hi Tracey,

Soon would be great. Just conscious of the fact that I only have until the 24th of this month to have the account transferred away - which is really only 5 working days with Patricks day on Thursday.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Tracey,

Soon would be great. Just conscious of the fact that I only have until the 24th of this month to have the account transferred away - which is really only 5 working days with Patricks day on Thursday.

Cheers
    No problem squishey,

Pamela 

Advertisement