Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Life - Difference between Complete Solutions ARF 1 & ARF 2

• 12-03-2016 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭

I have been looking through brochures for both of Irish Life's ARF options - namely Complete Solutions ARF 1 & Complete Solutions ARF 2.

From a review of the makeup of both funds the only difference appears to be the letter after each fund that forms part of the overall ARF. For instance in ARF 1 there is an active managed Fund Series H and in ARF 2 there is an active managed Fund Series P. This appears to be the only difference for all funds that make up both ARF options. I can find a breakdown of the Active managed fund but there is no explanation of what differentiates Series H from Series P. I have queried with Irish Life what the difference is but the customer care agent could not provide an explanation. Does anyone know what the difference between the two funds might be?

Hcksaw.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

In long run actively managed funds very rarely outperform the market. You are better with a passive fund like the S&P 500.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭PaulM1977

The main difference is the commission the selling agent will make and therefore the Annual Management Charge that will be applied to the account.
    Seek independent financial advice before going with either of these options with Irish Life as there may be better options available to you.

Advertisement