Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pebble Time SmartWatch €99.95 + €12.50 Delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Does that have gps? Interested in a smartwatch purely for fitness tracking, pebble apparently works with strava, but that description doesnt mention gps anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Nope it doesn't. The Time is a more polished colour version of the classic. This is a great deal. I've got the classic and would love to upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

retalivity wrote: »
    Does that have gps? Interested in a smartwatch purely for fitness tracking, pebble apparently works with strava, but that description doesnt mention gps anywhere

It should be able to use the GPS from your phone though. But for what you want I would suggest going for either the Fitbit Surge or Moto 360 Sport, some good discounts on the latter a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I really don't like the design :(

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Has anyone got one of these? I really liked the original Pebble but have since upgraded to the metal Sony Smartwatch 3 which is good but not without faults. Would this pebble be a step backwards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

littlejp wrote: »
    Has anyone got one of these? I really liked the original Pebble but have since upgraded to the metal Sony Smartwatch 3 which is good but not without faults. Would this pebble be a step backwards?

I have the Pebble Steel. It is very limited in feature, but works for basic notification and as a watch (it has a display that is on ALL the time :D ). The battery life is awesome too, with bluetooth on all the time, I get about 4 days and with it off I can go for nearly good 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

I have the Pebble Steel. It is very limited in feature, but works for basic notification and as a watch (it has a display that is on ALL the time :D ). The battery life is awesome too, with bluetooth on all the time, I get about 4 days and with it off I can go for nearly good 2 weeks

Yeah. I had the original Pebble and loved the battery life and the simplicity. Android Wear is much flashier but very frustrating too. It's very temperamental. Doesn't work as often as it does and the battery life is poor compared to Pebble. The newer range of pebbles are interesting but I'm not convinced yet.

Advertisement