Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curly girl method- what products do you use?

Options
  • 12-03-2016 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

I recently gave up on my straighteners and decided to embrace my natural curls but I am totally clueless about products etc. From reading up, I know that my hair is type 2c, curly but loses definition easily and is prone to frizz. I want to give the curly girl method a go but am having trouble finding suitable products that are available here (boots is my go-to shop).

I'm thinking that I need these-
    No-poo conditioner
    Leave in conditioner
    Curl cream
    Gel

Can anyone recommend some silicone/sulfate free products that won't cost the earth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I like the L'Oreal sulphate free range Hair Expertise for shampoo and conditioner - not cheap, but I try pick them up when they are 3 for 2 in Boots.
    10137090?wid=153&hei=210&op_sharpen=1

Boots Curl Cream - an absolute bargain, imo, at just €2.99
    10088417?wid=153&hei=210&op_sharpen=1

I believe Pennies do a sulphate free shampoo/conditioner - I haven't tried it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Hi

I also use the L'Oreal shampoo.

For gel I use the Umberto Giannini Curl Scrunching Jelly, again this is frequently on special in Boots. I've gotten products from Lorraine Massey's salon who as far as I know devised the curly girl method and this is in my opinion as good as the AnGell hair gel product.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

My daughter & granddaughter are the ones with curly hair that tends to frizz and they use either Pro Naturals argan oil or the Karmin argan oil after shampoo & conditioning as a leave in treatment before blow drying & heat styling. Seems to work well for both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I bought the Umberto Gianni curl jelly this morning and couldn't get over the difference in my hair :D I had a good root through my hair stuff and found a few bits that don't have silicone in them so I'm going to give the no-poo thing a go for a few weeks and see what happens. Tbh I hate using shampoo anyway, I have very sensitive skin and often break out from the shampoo suds running down when I'm in the shower :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ashlynn2016

Hi, I'm Ashlynn!
    I suggest you to visit how to shampoo curly hair video in youtube .

• Advertisement
Advertisement