Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emigration with a connecting flight

Options
  • 12-03-2016 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

If i was to book a flight to new york from dublin with a connecting flight to london paris amsterdam etc, where would i go through emigration?
    Also would an hour an a half between flights be enough time to get through emigration if i had to do it in the 2nd city?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

You only clear US IMMIGRATION in Dublin if you are flying direct to the US. Otherwise you do it on landing in the US. Ireland are the only European country with US Immigration pre-clearance.

BTW of the cities you list, Amsterdam is the only one I would be comfortable with a transfer time of 90 minutes. I'd want a minimum 2 hours for transfer in Paris or London airports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you fly from Dublin direct to New York you clear in Dublin, if you fly from Dublin - London then to New York you clear in New York, same with any other European city. Ireland only has the preclearance facility from Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭davedfc

Great thanks for your replies.

Advertisement