Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breadmaker recipe for airy brown bread

Options
  • 12-03-2016 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

I got a Panasonic SD2511 breadmaker recently.

I buy the freshly made brown 'cob' bread in lidl and it is a really lovely bread. Light and airy and a delicious taste. Does anybody have a breadmaker recipe for a nice airy brown bread like that?

I have had a few tries already with the breadmaker.
    The white bread is lovely, especially with some seeds, olives and sundried tomato added.
    However, i want to be able to make brown bread. I bought strong brown bread flour in tesco (own brand), but when i used the brown bread recipe and programme on the breadmaker, the bread was OK, but not brilliant. It was quite dense, not very airy (although it did rise as much as i would expect it to rise), and quite dry also.
    I tried again last night, making 50:50 white and brown strong flour. It is nice enough, and much less dry than with all brown flour. I doubled the amount of yeast and sugar to see if it would add lots of air, but that didn't really work. There are a few very large air pockets, rather than lots of small air pockets. Also, the paddle got stuck in the bread and there was a small lump of unmixed white flour.

Any advice for generating a nice, light, airy brown bread?

Advertisement