Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classy perfume that lasts!

Options
  • 12-03-2016 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi all, recently getting into perfumes more than I ever have before and just yesterday I bought the above. I haven't opened it yet just want to make sure it's a scent that is a bit strong and lasts! I feel all the cheaper ones eg Flowerbomb just aren't lasting on me and I'm going through a 100ml bottle a month! Thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Flowerbomb is a cheap perfume? I find that a bit insulting

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

How are you going through a 100ml bottle a month? You must be bathing in it! Your nose gets used to the smell of your perfume so even though you can't smell it others will.

I have both mademoiselle and flower bomb. Can't remember prices but pretty sure they are in same bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Flowerbomb is €8 cheaper per 100ml from Debenhams (€125 compared to €117). Hardly a cheap alternative. If you alternate between perfumes, you might notice they last longer. Like the above poster says, you get used to them and use more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

A 100ml perfume would last me about a year! Only wear it when going out really though. Seems like a waste otherwise.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I use the lidl knock off of coco mademoiselle and a 50ml bottle of it would last me three months using it five days a week, before I used that a 50ml bottle of chanel would last me the best part of six months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi all, looking to buy a perfume that is a classic and that will last for a few hours. Any eau de parfum that I have bought recently just won't seem to last on my skin. Any recommendations? Last perfumes I have used are Flowerbomb and Olempia. Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

Ck1
    Must be around 20 years by now

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

pinkstars wrote: »
    Hi all, looking to buy a perfume that is a classic and that will last for a few hours. Any eau de parfum that I have bought recently just won't seem to last on my skin. Any recommendations? Last perfumes I have used are Flowerbomb and Olempia. Thanks a million

Guerlain have some really lovely scents,I love insolence,and the smell last ages,they are one of the oldest french perfumeries in the world. Debenhams stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

Angel by Thierry Mugler lasts AGES. I've often had compliments on it at 8pm in the evening when I'd have put it on at 7am that morning.

Also love Black Opium by YSL. That packs a punch that lasts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Second vote for Black Opium.
    Chloe by Chloe has a similar staying power but it's a much, much lighter, fresher scent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Wearing Gucci Bamboo at the minute. Seems to last most of the day for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Chanel No. 5 or Mademoiselle - both are quite long lasting. No 5 is a bit more muskier

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Chanel No. 5 or Mademoiselle - both are quite long lasting. No 5 is a bit more muskier

OP already has a thread about Mademoiselle.

OP If you are going through 100ml of perfume in a month as per your other thread, is it possible that you are overusing the perfume?

I've always found Chanel perfumes to last well. Issy Miyake was also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I always go back to Ralph Lauren's 'Romance'

An oldie I know but it lasts while not being too sickening/heavy.

Back again, have been thinking about your two threads, and three things come to mind: layering, moisturising and immunity!
    Layering - try using the shower gel and or moisturiser that matches your fragrance.
    Moisturising - perfume lasts longer on skin that isn't dry. Some people swear by dabbing vaseline on top of perfume, haven't tried it myself.
    Immunity - try asking someone you trust if they can still smell your perfume in the evening. The chances are, everyone else can smell it but you can't. Changing up your perfume (having more than one bottle on the go at any one time) can help.
    Another suggestion, there's a newish Marc Jacobs perfume in a green bottle that looks a bit like a handbag (awful design IMO) that springs to mind - the scent wouldn't be for everyone but boy does it last, I sprayed it on in a shop early on a Saturday morning and someone asked me what perfume I was wearing the following morning when I was on the way to the shower. So that one might be worth a try!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Back again, have been thinking about your two threads, and three things come to mind: layering, moisturising and immunity!
    Layering - try using the shower gel and or moisturiser that matches your fragrance.
    Moisturising - perfume lasts longer on skin that isn't dry. Some people swear by dabbing vaseline on top of perfume, haven't tried it myself.
    Immunity - try asking someone you trust if they can still smell your perfume in the evening. The chances are, everyone else can smell it but you can't. Changing up your perfume (having more than one bottle on the go at any one time) can help.
    Another suggestion, there's a newish Marc Jacobs perfume in a green bottle that looks a bit like a handbag (awful design IMO) that springs to mind - the scent wouldn't be for everyone but boy does it last, I sprayed it on in a shop early on a Saturday morning and someone asked me what perfume I was wearing the following morning when I was on the way to the shower. So that one might be worth a try!

My OH swears by spraying stuff in your hair!

One more thing OP (may seem an obvious point but you never know), if you like your perfume strong and long lasting you need to be using Parfum or EDP, not EDT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I've found that Tom Ford scents need maybe 2 spritzes in the morning and you'll still have them on you 12 hours later. I prefer to only really be able to get the scent of my perfume I f you're in my personal space though so I go fairly easy on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I would wear my Mademoiselle approx. 3 times per week and get 6-8 months from a bottle on average. It's a beautiful scent with fantastic staying power so I can't see how your going through so much so quickly. It's a cult classic for all the right reasons - the scent is timeless and elegant and it lasts well. The perfume in itself generally has a great reputation so you should like it. I also love flower bomb but would by no means consider either of these cheap.

Fwiw, mademoiselle is my go to 'good' perfume (other favourites are Bon Bon by Victor and Rolf and Black XS by Paco Rabane) but for day to day casual wear I use a Katy Perry one in a red diamond shaped bottle. Can't remember the name of it but it was about €25 and is lovely and light and perfect for casual wear. I personally would find flowerbomb and mademoiselle perhaps a bit too overpowering for day wear, especially in the volume you seem to be wearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I wear Flowerbomb and it last all day, are you sure it's parfume and not eau de toilette?

• Advertisement

Yes it's definitely eau de parfum.

Yes it's definitely eau de parfum.

Which is your favourite? Would love your opinion. Have Coco but picking up another one today!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Are those the only two options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Congratulations on your recent purchase

Thanks do you like it?

No I'm open to more ideas!

anna080 wrote: »
    Are those the only two options?

No I'm open to more suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

pinkstars wrote: »
    No I'm open to more suggestions!

My all time fav is Givenchy eau de Moiselle but they don't seem to stock it in shops anymore. I order it online. I also love Stella by Stella Mc Cartney. Also if you really want a nice treat the Jo Malone fragrances in Brown Thomas are amazing. They are pretty dear but you can get the smaller bottles for around €50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've merged your 3 perfume threads into one. Please try to stick to one thread on the same topic in future. Thanks.

Advertisement