Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2016 Babies Club

Options
  • 12-03-2016 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Not sure if there is a thread already for November! Think I'm due around 20th, very early days!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Congratulations. Have been waiting for someone to open this thread - wasn't brave enough myself. Due November 9th. Super excited but I have no symptoms yet (apart from sore boobs) so it doesn't feel real yet.

It's my second pregnancy, first was plain sailing so hoping it will be the same this time around. Booked private in the Coombe and have my first appointment on April 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

Yay! I'm avoiding hospital for a few weeks. Lucky enough to be in midwife led care last time and it was so relaxed.

I did Domino last time as well, couldn't fault it the midwives are fantastic. When I went overdue I had to be induced to had to switch to public and had a bit of a dramatic labour resulting in an emergency section. Hoping that going private means I can schedule a section.

Is this your second pregnancy too? Have you told anyone yet? I'm struggling to keep my mouth shut!

Yes, second pregnancy, c section first birth, would love to avoid section this time. I'm also struggling to keep mouth shut! But will try not to tell anybody yet. This time feels so different to last time! Have you told anybody yet?

Nope, it's my father in law's 60th the week I turn 12wks so my other half wants to make the announcement at that. I'm pretty sure by that stage everyone will have decked cos if it's anything like last time I'll be massive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

congratulations, girls. hope it all goes well for ye both

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Due 11th November, first timer! Very early days. Did the test yesterday and doc confirmed it today eeeeeeek. To say it's scary and exciting is an understatement!!!!!

Congratulations sinead81. So exciting. Hope you are feeling well? Definitely something very special about first time pregnancies!

Thanks zizigirl!! I am also getting married in 7 weeks so there's a bit of panicking going on r.e. Wedding dress!!!! whoops

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pricklefingers

I cannot believe I'm joining a thread like this already, last one I was in was 'Due May 2015' although baba didn't arrive until June! 3 home tests and a test with my GP confirms baba no.2 due in November, exciting times once the initial shock wore off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Me I think! Going to doctor in next couple of days but I estimate I am 5 weeks. Number 1 and bricking it

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Me I think! Going to doctor in next couple of days but I estimate I am 5 weeks. Number 1 and bricking it

Me too! Scary and exciting, and nervous because it is such early days for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

Hi all! Just found out last week that I'm 6 weeks gone! First timer and due on November 11th! We did plan it but we weren't expecting it to happen so fast! I am still only coming to terms with it and am feeling incredibly overwhelmed to say the least! Emotions are all over the place 😂 Haven't had any sickness/nausea yet I am waiting for it to hit me any day now!! Hopefully I can keep in touch on here as it would be good to have people to talk to who are going through the same things! 😊

I'm praying I don't have nausea, It's the only thing I'm worried about! Trying to hide it in work and I won't be able to if I'm ill.

Due Nov 11th too Karen! I have been feeling nauseous but omg ladies.... the boobs!!!! So so sore, I had to go buy a new bra today, gone up a cup size already. Anyone else suffer with this? Taking off my bra at the end of a day is unbearable.

Mine are sore already, but aside from some cramping and a bit of tiredness I feel fairly normal... I am very early though I think. I am going to the doctor but that's all I know! I assume the doctor will refer me onto the hospital? And scans and the like?? I am thinking about doing a private scan early as I heard if there's a heartbeat the risk of miscarriage is low. Is this true? I have PCOS so apparently have up to 50% chance of miscarriage. :-(

I am in Dublin and I went to my doc and she gave me a letter for the hospital but I had to make the apt myself (The Coombe). I filled out a patient registration form and sent it off to them last friday so I am waiting patiently now for my letter with my apt to come from them. Thats when the ball will start rolling with the hospital I guess. I am thinking of booking in to get a private scan on my 8th week (2 weeks from now) for peace of mind, just feel quite anxious about it all

Me too Sinead. I'm anxious about morning sickness, my job, miscarriage, something going wrong.... I am having a good bit of cramps, nothing major but I don't know whats normal. Sore boobs but I think that is a good sign, nothing to worry about there! I don't "feel" pregnant, I feel like I'm getting my period!

Well my boobs are normally sore before a period but I have never experienced the soreness that I have now, I have had it now for nearly 3 weeks. Started before I knew I was pregnant and I was thinking 'oh period is on the way' but it got worse! I am sleeping in a sports bra with no wire to try and relieve the pain at night time

Ouch I am not that bad, but the way I'm going I might catch up. Might jump the gun and get a few sports bras myself.

How did you get into the Coombe, choice or where you live? I was thinking Holles street, can I pick??

Any idea when the first appointment is - like if I go to my doctor this week, what's my next step?

• Advertisement

Your doc will just confirm it and give you advice. He/She will do a letter up that you hand into the coombe on your first visit. I left my doc and rang the coombe and they told me that I have to fill out a patient registration form and send it into them. Once they receive it they will send me out an apt (god knows when that is!!!) and then I go to it with the letter my doc gave me. Long winded eh?!? The coombe is nearer to me so thats why I picked there. You can decide! Pick somewhere near to you though..... think of when you are in labour! Nearer the better :)

LOL I sound like a pro.... I am only 6 weeks pregnant and a first timer! But I had to do all of that last week

sinead81 wrote: »
    LOL I sound like a pro.... I am only 6 weeks pregnant and a first timer! But I had to do all of that last week

To be fair you're at least a week further so you'll always be one step ahead of me at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi everyone, due November 2nd very excited, wasn't sure of my dates as I only took the implanon out in December the doctor thought I might be 9 or 12 weeks and sent the letter off to the hospital, I was expecting a letter but I got a call at 5pm yesterday to go in today for a scan. My partner couldn't get the time off so went on my own, and it turns out I'm only 7 weeks and 6 days!!!!!! I was told if I was 8 weeks that I wouldn't get another scan at 12 weeks so I'm feeling extremely lucky that I was just shy of it so now my partner won't miss out. I also saw the hearth beat and got a picture, totally made up!! Nausea is very bad until about 7pm and sore boobs all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dizzy bee

Can I join?!! I think I'm pregnant too!!! We've been trying for years and never had any luck....then I got a positive this evening! Of course I didn't believe it so I went and bought 3 more tests of different brands and all positive...am in shock, don't know whether to laugh or cry with happiness

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Congratulations to all you ladies!
    Dizzy Bee that's just lovely a huge congratulations on your long awaited bfp, Enjoy every minute :-)

I'll hop on board too, Tested positive last week, a bit of a shock but it's a pleasant surprise!

I have 2 sons already, My eldest is 3 in June and my youngest will be just gone 2 in November when baby arrives all going well.

Busy times ahead :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dizzy bee

Lainycool you'll be one busy mama! Congrats to you too! How long does it take before the news actually sinks in? If all 4 of my tests are right, I think I'll be due around November 26/7!

Dizzy bee wrote: »
    Can I join?!! I think I'm pregnant too!!! We've been trying for years and never had any luck....then I got a positive this evening! Of course I didn't believe it so I went and bought 3 more tests of different brands and all positive...am in shock, don't know whether to laugh or cry with happiness

Congrats!!!! It's a massive shock, even if you're tying. How you feeling? How far along do you think you are?

Me too by the way- either 20th or 26th movement depending on whether they do it from last period or my suspected ovulation date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Dizzy bee wrote: »
    Lainycool you'll be one busy mama! Congrats to you too! How long does it take before the news actually sinks in? If all 4 of my tests are right, I think I'll be due around November 26/7!

I never think it sinks in until you go for your 1st scan but I don't usually suffer morning sickness so only for some bloating nothing really changes, My appetite goes too but that hasn't happened yet!

I have had gestational diabetes on both my previous pregnancies so that's the part I won't look forward to!

I think I'm due around the 24th but will have to wait on dating scan to get a definite date as my cycle was all over the place recently!

Advertisement