Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

The good news is that the fibroid may have shrunk (tbh, I don't think the private sonographer was as good as the hospital one) and our girl was moving loads. We got some snaps but none of them discernible at all unfortunately.

I've also started getting SPD symptoms, made appointment with GP for Thursday and we're travelling on holidays this Saturday. Just hope it won't get worse in the meantime and won't affect my travel! Just don't know what I'm gonna do with trying to keep active as it can be painful to walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Anybody else feeling massive pressure in their pelvis? Feel like this baby is going to drop out of me any minute, dont remember feeling this kind of pressure until much later last time, though I am carrying much lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

xalot wrote: »
    Anybody else feeling massive pressure in their pelvis? Feel like this baby is going to drop out of me any minute, dont remember feeling this kind of pressure until much later last time, though I am carrying much lower.

Yes! Also carrying much much lower this time. Feeling pressure in my back too.

Started getting strong BH 2 days ago, every few mins. When that happens I feel the pressure really strongly in my lower abdomen. I also started getting really sharp pain on my lower left side, and can feel a lump there. I'm guessing this is the lost smaller fibroid. Thankfully SPD not worse today and the BH has eased off this morning considerably.
    Taking a break from exercise this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Gatica, I suffer badly from Pelvic Girdle Pain. Have you seen a Physio? They will be able to recommend exercises to help and the hands on work really seemed to help me. To be honest Physio, Pilates and strategically placed tape around my pelvis is all that kept me upright during my last pregnancy.

• Advertisement

Not yet, going to GP tomorrow. Hopefully she'll refer me. Heard it takes couple of weeks to get a physio appointment, so that's fine as we'll be away...

Gatica wrote: »
    Not yet, going to GP tomorrow. Hopefully she'll refer me. Heard it takes couple of weeks to get a physio appointment, so that's fine as we'll be away...

In Cork the wait is usually quite long so I see my own private Physio in between. Theres been up to a month between my hospital Physio appointments too which isn't great when you are crippled and trying to get around after too little ones. Hopefully the wait isn't as long where you are.

So turns out GP cannot refer to hospital physio, must be done by them. I'm away couple of weeks, so when I'm in there next I'll get them to refer me.
    Also, found blood trace in my sample, so she's testing me for a UTI... agh! :(
    just keeps piling up...

So turns out GP cannot refer to hospital physio, must be done by them. I'm away couple of weeks, so when I'm in there next I'll get them to refer me.
    Also, found blood trace in my sample, so she's testing me for a UTI... agh! :(
    just keeps piling up...

Can you afford a private physio before you go? That's the type of pain that needs assessing :(

Won't have time before we leave. If it's a long process through hospital when we return will probably try find someone for a private session. Apparently they don't all do it, so will need to find a physio who does.

• Advertisement

Got referred at the hospital and was told it could be 4 weeks before I get an appointment. However I got a call next day to say they were having a group physio session there next week, so I'm going to that. Hopefully that is enough. It's not gotten worse in the last 3 weeks anyway, so fingers crossed it stays that way.

We got a few baby clothing items as presents from family and ordered the travel system. Anyone else getting ahead on their baby shopping?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bluepants

We ordered our travel system too last week, but that's about all we've got. 11 weeks to go now, can't believe it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pricklefingers

Went out today and start picking up first few bits for my hospital bag - which I'll get around to packing in the next few weeks.
    Ordered a new colour pack & wheels for travel system, and picked up a few babygrows and vests.
    Cannot believe how quickly this pregnancy is going - although I'm kept busy with a 14 month old which is a great distraction!

Got a large pink nappy bag as present from family when we were visiting, full of baby clothing items as presents. Little hats, socks and bibs too. Everything lovely. Just wondering what will do with the bag as was only planning on getting a unisex changebag backpack.
    Ordered a few personal labour bag items from boots with last week's 15% online discount - maternity and breast pads, and a tens machine.

Got a large pink nappy bag as present from family when we were visiting, full of baby clothing items as presents. Little hats, socks and bibs too. Everything lovely. Just wondering what will do with the bag as was only planning on getting a unisex changebag backpack.
    Ordered a few personal labour bag items from boots with last week's 15% online discount - maternity and breast pads, and a tens machine.

Would you keep it as an overnight bag for baby or a second bag to use if/when baby starts going to childminder or crèche? Or if there's someone in the family who wouldn't be offended would you ask them would they mind if you exchanged it as ye were planning on something more neutral? Must start getting organised here. Just over 9 weeks to go and We haven't a bit done. The 15% discount sounds great although I didn't find the boots maternity pads great but then again my post partum bleeding tends to be very heavy. I found the tens machine to be a good distraction for the first while during my last induction.

Thanks, that's a great idea. Will probably do that.

I got a belt from the hospital group physio session, helps a little with walking but not hugely. Got an appointment again a week later and have been ordered another belt to tighten the hips and couple of exercises to loosen the back and bum muscles. Not much they can do about the ligaments frown.png
    To add to that my fibroid has started degenerating, so had terrible pain last week. The only thing they could offer was induce early or paracetamol... I'm just putting up with it for now. Still working, which can be tough depending on the day.

Bought a couple of things on Guiney's website, and boots half-off offers, still a few more things that need picking up. How's everyone else doing?

Had my 32 week scan today and baby is measuring a whopping 5lbs. Looking like another big baby for me. The consultant said he's very long, measuring in the 95 percentile length wise.

We picked a date for the section too, so it'll officially be an October baby. Delighted to have that sorted, feels like a massive weight has been lifted. She said that after my last labour that I could pick whatever type of labour I wanted this time. It was worth paying the 3k to go private just to hear those words!

Hope everyone else is doing well and looking forward to the weekend.

Scans aren't all that accurate, so it could be different from their prediction. Hope you're not feeling pressured to do section based on this unless that's what you want.

Scans aren't all that accurate, so it could be different from their prediction. Hope you're not feeling pressured to do section based on this unless that's what you want.

No, not at all, consultant is totally open to what I want. I had an epic labour last time that ended in a section anyway and I really didn't want a repeat of that. Also so delighted to know a date so that I can arrange childcare, we dont have family here in Dublin so a spontaneous labour could have proved very troublesome.

as long as it works best for you. Best of luck and sure it'll be great to have a date set for meeting your baby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

xalot wrote: »
    No, not at all, consultant is totally open to what I want. I had an epic labour last time that ended in a section anyway and I really didn't want a repeat of that. Also so delighted to know a date so that I can arrange childcare, we dont have family here in Dublin so a spontaneous labour could have proved very troublesome.

Thats exciting and scary it's so
    Close!! Like you have an actual date to se ether baby eek!

Bumpity bump :)

How's everyone getting on?

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Bumpity bump :)

How's everyone getting on?

Good. Mainly posting in December group even though Im 26.11! Can't believe its NEXT month!!!!!

Very busy weekend!

We picked up our buggy adapters and ordered the car seat. Buggy should be in this week and car seat week after. Bought the chicco next2me bed and the last bits for my hospital bag. Another wash of baby clothes done and ready to go into bag soon as it's dry.

We're also moving house next week so all day Sunday was spent packing up the bookshelves, decorations and the unused kitchen items.

We're also moving house next week so all day Sunday was spent packing up the bookshelves, decorations and the unused kitchen items.

Ouch!! I hope you are not working?? I think I told you before I moved at circa 21 weeks and was wrecked.

oh, I really wish I wasn't! this and another week left!
    Basically working during the moving week. I had to give notice at work weeks ago, before we knew about the house, otherwise I would've definitely given myself the time off. We're hoping to hire a van and with a few helping hands have the bulk of the move done on Saturday and Sunday. Last bits and pieces over the week after, as we've to be out by Friday following.

I think we'll be having take-out a lot over the next few days!
    .. and yes, I agree, I was wrecked yesterday even though I wasn't doing much of the packing myself. Just administrating but walking room-to-room quite a bit.

I think we'll be having take-out a lot over the next few days!
    .. and yes, I agree, I was wrecked yesterday even though I wasn't doing much of the packing myself. Just administrating but walking room-to-room quite a bit.

This is the worst bit, moving out. You have to celar it all and clean up. Moving in is not bad because you can dump it ll in one room and unpack at leisure. I still have a few boxes not unpacked!!

I agree. There's an excitement with moving in and sorting your items. Whereas trying to pack delicate stuff or making it fit in boxes, is the tedious bit.

Good luck with the move! It'll all be worth it when you're in and settled before baby arrives :) do lots of delegating rather than lifting ;)

I'm on crutches now and wear wrist splints at night. The difference the crutches makes is unreal!

• Advertisement

Thank you, I hope it will...
    Lucyfur wrote: »
    I'm on crutches now and wear wrist splints at night. The difference the crutches makes is unreal!

ouch! is that for carpal tunnel and SPD?

I'm gonna try out an osteopath on Wednesday for SPD. It's not gotten worse really, but I have more pain in lower back and deep in the side of the buttock as well now. Putting a hot water bottle at the side of it at night, helped a bit. Don't know if pains are SPD-related but the osteo's been recommended for it, as well as for aligning everything so baby has room to turn. Baby is still breech so we've started the moxy/acupuncture treatment in the hopes of turning her too.

Advertisement