Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

It is indeed! Physio and swimming are really helping :) I find heat good too but I get so warm and uncomfortable so easily! This one turned to head down last week so I'm really hoping that's the end of the gymnastics!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Lucyfur wrote: »
    It is indeed! Physio and swimming are really helping :) I find heat good too but I get so warm and uncomfortable so easily! This one turned to head down last week so I'm really hoping that's the end of the gymnastics!

You make me feel bad for moaning about my own legs!

Beanybabog wrote: »
    You make me feel bad for moaning about my own legs!

Ah don't feel one bit bad! It's a tough time for many. This is so completely different to my first pregnancy, which I sailed through without an ache or pain or day of sickness!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Lucyfur wrote: »
    This one turned to head down last week so I'm really hoping that's the end of the gymnastics!

that's great! how many weeks are you now? We're on 35+ with a scan booked for tomorrow, so we can see the consultant if needs be.

Same as you, just coming up on 36 weeks :)

• Advertisement

Jealous of ye!! I'm only 32+3 :mad: Too early to wish she came, but late enough that I am so over being pregnant

I totally know what you mean, third trimester is tough. At this stage though it's good to know that even if baby came, they're very likely to recover from early delivery and be healthy babies.

Started second round of moxa, fingers crossed. Booked in to see consultant next week to check presentation and book an ECV :( I'd try anything to turn her really, but ECV doesn't sound very comfortable. Ah, well...

Is anyone choosing NOT to have an epidural. I was going to have it because I thought it was just an injection in your back! Didn't realize it stays there, you are confined to the bed and can't use the loo. Then again I think on a first labour maybe I'm too naive that I think I can go it alone

I would very much like to not have one but if I need it I'll take it. I think a lot well depend on how bad my pelvis/back is on the day. Some days are better than others. I hate the thoughts of being confined to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Is anyone choosing NOT to have an epidural. I was going to have it because I thought it was just an injection in your back! Didn't realize it stays there, you are confined to the bed and can't use the loo. Then again I think on a first labour maybe I'm too naive that I think I can go it alone

I had my son after 9 hours of back labour on gas and air. Move around as you need to (I found holding myself up on the accessibility rails over the toilet very helpful), consider using some hypnobirthing techniques and breathing exercises too, consider using the shower/bath/pool if available. Don't be afraid - it is quite doable.

• Advertisement

If you didn't want the standard epidural, I recommend having a look into Gentlebirth program. If I end up needing the epi, then so be it, but I'd like to stay mobile and natural for as much as possible as well. There are a lot less interventions and complications when not being confined to a bed without any feeling, so that's why I'd like to try for a natural birth.

Gatica wrote: »
    If you didn't want the standard epidural, I recommend having a look into Gentlebirth program. If I end up needing the epi, then so be it, but I'd like to stay mobile and natural for as much as possible as well. There are a lot less interventions and complications when not being confined to a bed without any feeling, so that's why I'd like to try for a natural birth.

I have the gentle birth app, I must use it more!! I will take the epidural if I need it but I'm raging, I though it was just a big injection in your back, pain gone, that's it!! I have IBS and like to have access to a loo so I think I'll try to go without for a while anyway

you'll always get a catheter with an epi, btw. I dunno if same for bowel as bladder, but I'm sure it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dizzy bee

First timer here and my plan is to go into to it with an open mind....I really don't want an epi but if I need it, then so be it. Hopefully I'll be able to manage without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bluepants

I'm the same, would like to try go without the epidural, we did the gentlebirth workshop which I loved, hopefully that helps, but I guess you never know how it will go on the day.
    Hope everyone is feeling good.
    I've 4 weeks left now :)

4 weeks!!! Are you all ready? I've 7 weeks left and everyone keeps telling me I'll probably go early because I'm HUGE! I think they are jinxing me and I'll end up going over

Dizzy bee wrote: »
    4 weeks!!! Are you all ready? I've 7 weeks left and everyone keeps telling me I'll probably go early because I'm HUGE! I think they are jinxing me and I'll end up going over

Me too! Id hate to be waiting around until like 42 weeks but I don't think a big bump means anything sadly

I don't think it does either....well it means I'm a short ass and bubs has nowhere to grow but outwards! But I keep thinking they are jinxing me and I'll be the one still hanging around in December until he gets forcibly evicted!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 bluepants

I don't feel ready Dizzy bee,
    I think I have most of my hospital bag stuff, an travel system due to arrive soon I hope.
    Other than that we've nothing for baby, can't decide between getting a moses basket or one of them little cribs that fit right beside the bed, need a steriliser, also really want a good breastpump an sling, but so many to choose from. On maternity leave next Friday, so in my head I'm thinking I'll have loads of time to get sorted ;)
    How is everyone feeling at this stage? Aside from being really uncomfortable at night, feeling huge also, heartburn an waking to pee 5 or 6 times I'm not too bad :)

I feel rubbish (33 weeks). I have, however, figured out the second trimester energy burst myth. I realize it didn't pass me by, rather the second trimester is the closest you feel to being a normal person!! I'm back feeling exhausted. I have so much I want to do (nesting I suppose) and I can't do it I'm so tired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Growing a human is hard work Beany!!! Try not to beat yourself up about the lack of energy. Have you had your iron tested lately? If not it might be worth a mention at your next appointment. Also, maybe make a list of things you want to get done. Start with the smaller, do-able things and delegate what you can to your OH too. You have time, you'll be plenty sorted by the time baby beany arrives. And sometimes seeing things written down makes you realise that although it would be nice to have clean skirting boards and the space at the top of the cupboards in the utility room clean and decluttered(me last pregnancy :D) the baby isn't going to care!! Two and a bit weeks to go here and I'm in a slump energy wise too and currently working through 'the list' so I get where you're coming from.

Bluepants, how long left til you're due? I picked up a second hand Moses basket for next to nothing...had barely been used. Decided to see how breastfeeding goes before investing in either the next to me crib or breastpump/steriliser. Feel like the housework is getting on top of me at the minute....by the time I get home from work im too wrecked to bother and then weekends just go so quick it's an accomplishment just to get the grocery shop done! Hubby is doing his best but not the same. Am supposed to have 5 weeks left in work and honestly wondering if I'll be able to work til then

I'm working still so it's all I can do during the week to get up washed and in to work. At the weekends my priority is washing clothes for work!! It takes me three times as long to do anything these days as well

I know exactly what you mean....it's tough going! I feel so guilty for moaning about it....but I didn't realise it was going to be this uncomfortable at this point...I expected this maybe 2 weeks before due date not the 8/9 weeks it actually is!

Dizzy bee wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean....it's tough going! I feel so guilty for moaning about it....but I didn't realise it was going to be this uncomfortable at this point...I expected this maybe 2 weeks before due date not the 8/9 weeks it actually is!

Me too, that's what everyone says, you are sick of being pregnant for the last couple of weeks. I thought it would get tough at 37/38 weeks but honestly it started to get hard at 28!!

36 weeks and it's been tough going since 32/33. SPD started at 26 and last 3 days got really very painful for turning in bed and getting out of it.

Last week at work and I'm almost counting down the hours. Lack of sleep as well, I sleep well until the first toilet trip then can't sleep a wink til the morning alarm goes :( agh... just wanna be done with it.
    I'd rather not be able to sleep caring for a baby than from SPD pain and reflux.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

36 weeks and it's been tough going since 32/33. SPD started at 26 and last 3 days got really very painful for turning in bed and getting out of it.

Last week at work and I'm almost counting down the hours. Lack of sleep as well, I sleep well until the first toilet trip then can't sleep a wink til the morning alarm goes :( agh... just wanna be done with it.
    I'd rather not be able to sleep caring for a baby than from SPD pain and reflux.

I could have written this post, am the exact same. We're nearly there....

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pricklefingers

xalot wrote: »
    I could have written this post, am the exact same. We're nearly there....

Yep, me 3!!!
    I was given crutches from physio at 30 weeks which really help, along with support belt when out and about.
    I've found that I've managed to get sone sleep by using about 4 pillows and actually sleeping in more like a sitting up position - has helped with heartburn too!

Starting to get really excited now

So I think I've reached the lightening stage, all of a sudden last night I was able to breathe easier and sitting down the bump isn't under my ribs anymore. Does that mean baby's engaged? She's breech though.. so not such a good thing. :(

• Advertisement

So I think I've reached the lightening stage, all of a sudden last night I was able to breathe easier and sitting down the bump isn't under my ribs anymore. Does that mean baby's engaged? She's breech though.. so not such a good thing. :(

How do you know? One of my friends said her breech baby flipped in third trimester and she didn't feel
    A thing

Advertisement